Need to file extention for RFE

i485appliedec01

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Can anybody advice me as to how to file for an extention of Medical RFE, as my husband had to leave for India due to the demise of his father, and he won't be able to come back for another one month as some family rituals need to be performed, and there will be only three days left for his RFE deadline.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

i485appliedec01

It is a very sad news. My condolences with you and your family.

As far as responding to the RFE is concerned, I would sincerely advice you to get in touch with any attorney. May be just walk in to an immigration attoerney's office and see if the extension can be filed right away. Did you file I-485 yourself or through an attorney ? If it was filed through a lawyer, may be the same lawyer can help.

Take Care and Good Luck,

Waiting_4GC
I-485 RD: 04/09/2004 - Name Check pending !!

i485appliedec01 said:
Hi,
Can anybody advice me as to how to file for an extention of Medical RFE, as my husband had to leave for India due to the demise of his father, and he won't be able to come back for another one month as some family rituals need to be performed, and there will be only three days left for his RFE deadline.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

i485appliedec01

I am so sorry to hear about this. I was wondering what happened to you guyz.

I think you must take Waiting_4GC suggestion. That seems to be the best move.
Try and file the RFE yourself ASAP.

Good luck.

Spoke to my attorney. He said, it seems, BCIS doesn't give extension to RFEs.
I spoke to my travel agent, and will be preponing the journey. That is the only option I have.
Hope things will soon fall in place for my family.