need to change job after 180 days

gcinprogress

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends

I will be in the same boat in future. I passed 180 days after applying 485. I have EAD also.

My H1/Gc sponsering employer placed me in Texas with a client.
Now the situaltion is my client wants me to convert to permanent position and strictly said no more contract renewal. In this market conditions I am sure I may not get a new job through my sponsering employer and certainly he wont be paying on Bench.

So the only option that is left for me is to convert. Now I want to use 180 days rule. Can I use my EAD to join new job. Do I have to change current lawyer. Should I inform INS about change of Job in similar position with a letter from new employer.

Or do I have to get new H1 from new employer.

Or do nthing, just take offer from new employer and wait for INS decision. In this case if INS sends an RFE about employment letter, do I have to show a letter from previous sponsering employer saying that the job is still offered in future, or do I have to show a letter from new employer saying that am working in the company with same job skills.

I need your advice.
Reply me thanks
gcInProgress

keep a letter

Better take a letter form the current employer that you have worked with them from this time to this time. If you have good contacts with them get a seperate letter from them saying that still they intent to hire you once you get the the GC. It will be helpful in case you get a RFE. try to maintain the same or more salary which was mentioned in the LC. Use EAD and don\'t apply for H1.
Good Luck

rejection

I am also in the same boat.but i heard that there are some rejection in the 485 cases.. what do you think about that ?? Does INS rejects at the final stage ??