Need suggestions.

gceeker05

Registered Users (C)
First of all, congratulations to those who will now be able to file AOS.
Now to my question.
I was contemplating on renting and moving to another place by July 07 because of my daughter's school. Now that suddenly my priority date has become current, I am planning to file I-485 as early as possible with the current address where I live. I am told by my friends who filed their AOS that It is not a good idea to change address after filing AOS for at least 6 months to 1 year. I just wanted to know if I can give my relative's addreess (I am in NY and my relative is in NJ) in AOS forms and continue to receive any communication at that address?

I will be speaking to my attorney but I would really appreciate if someone please suggests me the pros and cons on this.

You should give you own address. This adress can always be updated upon moving by filing the AR11 form.

You should give you own address. This adress can always be updated upon moving by filing the AR11 form.

Thanks for your reply.

Somehow my friends, as I mentioned before, are of the opinion that I should not move after filing AOS and my timing is such that I may HAVE to move for schooling reasons. I am kind of nervous now.

need advice

MY Labor
I want to apply I-485 by my self without attorney. I came here on H1b 6 years ago and still working under the same visa. I didnt get any EAD so far. So,I dont want to apply for EAD since my H1b is valid till May 2010.
I want to apply I-485 and I-765 for my spouse. I am not going to apply AP for both of us,because we just recently visited india.
Please advice in this regard.
Thanks in advance.
Jc-gc

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your reply.

Somehow my friends, as I mentioned before, are of the opinion that I should not move after filing AOS and my timing is such that I may HAVE to move for schooling reasons. I am kind of nervous now.
stop worrying about such things and do what is required to lead a normal life...

yes you can use your relative's address, if you think he is responsible enough not to lose any mail you may get......and if his chances of moving around are less.......but i am not sure what kind of questions it may raise wrt to your security/background check.....

and of course.....you can easily move around after 30-45 days of filing........and later on put the mails on hold in post office or request forwarding by post office.....they do it for 60 days....

since you will know about any mail due to email service by uscis......you will be aware if you are missing something...

MY Labor
I want to apply I-485 by my self without attorney. I came here on H1b 6 years ago and still working under the same visa. I didnt get any EAD so far. So,I dont want to apply for EAD since my H1b is valid till May 2010.
I want to apply I-485 and I-765 for my spouse. I am not going to apply AP for both of us,because we just recently visited india.
Please advice in this regard.
Thanks in advance.
Jc-gc
what kind of advice do you need........what you are saying is perfectly all right......

the only mandatory application is 485 along with g325 (bio data)..

everything else is optional.....if you dont need ead and ap....you dont have to apply...

and if you need it later....you can apply once you get your 485 receipt notice....

good luck.

More info please Techy

I am in a similar boat, I wish to apply for 485 for my wife for my wife on my own.

After perusing the docs required it should be easy except the part about visa stamp copy in the passport. I dont have one currently but I do have the approvals + I changed companies recently and the H1 transfer is yet to be approved.
Any suggestions on how to go about this? Much appreciated.
Advanced thanks
~m

and of course.....you can easily move around after 30-45 days of filing........and later on put the mails on hold in post office or request forwarding by post office.....they do it for 60 days....

since you will know about any mail due to email service by uscis......you will be aware if you are missing something...

USPS has recently introduced a premium (may be they took the idea from USCIS? ) service by which they will forward indefinitely, but for something like $10 per week. This premium forwarding to the new address is through priority mail.

USPS has recently introduced a premium (may be they took the idea from USCIS? ) service by which they will forward indefinitely, but for something like $10 per week. This premium forwarding to the new address is through priority mail.

great.

Thanks.

The key notice one needs to worry upon applying I485 is....the FP notice....
they will come to your address within 1-2 months....but lawyer also gets a second copy of these....

all other notices....Receipt Notices...all go to the lawyer directly....

So, really the only question is, if you change your address, you may not get your FP notice....

Most USCIS mails had "Return Service Requested" stamped on them....hence, if the address that they sent to...does not get delivered they will return and reforward based on your AR11 updated database....

So, for you - moving might not be a worry...as your lawyer will get a copy of the FP notice.... I would say...just get on with your life...but keep an eye out for the FP notice...and stay in touch with your lawyer...

Laywers need to be same?

Can someone please tell me if the lawyer for all 485 petitions needs to be the same?

Thanks techy 2468

what kind of advice do you need........what you are saying is perfectly all right......

the only mandatory application is 485 along with g325 (bio data)..

everything else is optional.....if you dont need ead and ap....you dont have to apply...

and if you need it later....you can apply once you get your 485 receipt notice....

good luck.

Thank you very much for your input
Jc_gc

The key notice one needs to worry upon applying I485 is....the FP notice....
they will come to your address within 1-2 months....but lawyer also gets a second copy of these....

all other notices....Receipt Notices...all go to the lawyer directly....

So, really the only question is, if you change your address, you may not get your FP notice....

Most USCIS mails had "Return Service Requested" stamped on them....hence, if the address that they sent to...does not get delivered they will return and reforward based on your AR11 updated database....

So, for you - moving might not be a worry...as your lawyer will get a copy of the FP notice.... I would say...just get on with your life...but keep an eye out for the FP notice...and stay in touch with your lawyer...

Thanks banta.

hi,

My category is EB2 and my I140 has been approved in Oct '06.
My PD is Dec '05 , so its not current now.

My question, is there anything that need to be filed or done until my PD gets current?

Can i take the medicals etc?

Please let me know