Need Suggestions from you all !!!

jr4173

Registered Users (C)
I have filed I-485 from my company six months ago. Now I got laid off and the company is cooperating with me on the immigration process as they will keep me as \'leave of absence\' status for a while.

I have received a job offer for the same type of job with similar compensation from a different company. As I have mentioned before that I filed I-485 six months ago, what should or can I do with the new job offer? What formalities, if any, I or my previous and/or new company needs to take as far as immigration is concerned? I would highly appreciate your inputs. Thanks again.

Take the offer

If 180 days have passed, then take that offer. But make sure that the job responsibilities are close to what had been written in your Labor.
 Also, if the new employer is willing to, get a H1. By doing this you are on a safer side even if something goes wrong with your AOS.

H1 Question

Hi Lagaan2000;
Thanks for you valuable advice. I never thought about transfering my H1 before. How would it work and benefits me? I would highly appreciate your inputs, please. Thanks again.

Take the offer

Yes. I think you should take the offer if your 485 has been submitted for 180 days. Actually if you find new job, you don\'t need your previous employer\'s support any more. But here I have a question. When you got laid off from previous company, how long has the company given you for leave of absense? How can this action help on your GC application? I maybe in the same situation. So, I will be grateful if you can let me know how your application for leave can help you on 485 approval. Thanks.

Can anybody help?

I am still wondering how leave of absense can help on the GC process? Does that make a big difference between just being laid off and keeping leave of absence for a while before being laid off? I am facing the decision. Can anybody give me any advice? Thanks a lot in advance.

LEAVE OF ABSENCE!!!!

The Leave of Absence is a bit confusing scenario. Even though the company gives you a LOA ( Leave of Ab), it is supposed to hire you with full time status after your GC is approved. Or maybe, they can also officially lay you off after the GC is approved.
 So it all depends on how your company is ready to handle this situation. But LOA certainly helps rather than being laid off.
 So my two cents here would be to have good realtions with the company till GC is approved.
 All the best.