Need Stamping Experience in NYC

Ben12

Registered Users (C)
Hey Guys,
Could anybody contribute theie stamping experience in Federal Plaza NYC.

I will really appreciate it.

Thanks\

Ben

Thanks Cooler

Thanks Cooler ... please post your details stamping experience at NYC...

i appreciate your help

Ben

Here's my story:

I got to 26 Federal Plaza at about 7:45am. (ID was required to enter the building. ) I went to information at 3rd floor and there's a short line of people. After showing my approval notice, I got a number and went to another room on the same floor. After waiting for about an hour or so, my number was called and a guy took my fingerprint and signature. He also asked for my EAD in addition to I-94. I got my stamped passport 15 min later and was told that I will get card in a month. The whole process took me about 90 min (not counting transportation-:).

Cheers!

Cooler... Which ID are you talking about?

Is it your EAD? or Driver's license? or Passport? If it is driver's licence, then is it okay if it is from a different state. Actually I recently moved to NY from SD and didn't change my driver's license yet. Appreciate your inputs!

I showed my NY driver's license to the guard at the entrance. I think it's ok to use other state ID's. In addition, you have your passport with you. Don't worry too much about it. If you can get on a plane, you will be able to get into the building. :)

Hello Cooler,
I had gone to Federal Plaza last week for my wifes Interim EAD and there was long line at 7.30...covering more than a block.... We had gone there at 4.30 am ... ...do i have to go at that time... or the same time as you went....

Please let me know

Thanks

This was my first time at Federal Plaza so that I am not qualified to answer your question. Today, I was surprised that there were so few people outside the building at 7:45am and I did not find so many people for passport stamping either. I think that it's not necessary to go too early for stamping at all (I may be wrong).

sundance kid,
how long did it take for u to get the passport stamped? is there a limit as to how many people they admit per day?
thanks in advance

gjuly_gc said:
sundance kid,
how long did it take for u to get the passport stamped? is there a limit as to how many people they admit per day?
thanks in advance

usually the aproval notice will tell you to go the NYC office on Friday...The time depends on the number of people waiting for interviews etc,... I dont think we can ever predict how much time it would take,,, the most I have read is about 4 hours..... and least is 1 hr...

I just got my notice today and I am going tomorrow(thursday).......

Good luck to all

hi ben,
do u think its ok to get there at 2pm tomorrow?
anybody please advise your help will be greatly appreciated

My wife and I went 3:00Pm several weeks ago on a Friday. Her passport was stamped around 3:30Pm and mine was stamped around 3:45Pm. I was the last one of that day.

By the way, I was not trying to play the bottom line of timing on that day. Actually, we just got our notices around 12:00noon from the lawyer and knowing the stamp should be on Friday only before 4:00Pm, so we went home to pick up passport and take photoes....and arrive there 3:00Pm with red face. So, if you have time try to get there ealier specially before long weekend. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks a lot eb485 i went there today and they said they do stamping only on fridays so i have to go back again tomorrow they asked me to come early but the earliest i can go is only 12 noon..... she said it should be ok but earlier the better...
could u please tell me wat all documents they asked for?? thanks again...

EB4852001 said:
Approval Notice
Passport
I-94
2 Green card photos
ALL of your previous EAD and AP.

Good luck!

Hey Guys,
I went today to NYC Ferderal Plaza for stamping... I went there at around 6 Am...stood in the Q till 7.am and once I got in it went fast.. was out by 10am...

I think going earlier is better. got to get back to work the same day..

Good luck to all you guys

thanks

ben