Need stamping before going to home

mon2jan2

Registered Users (C)
I entered US on H1 and my wife on H4 around 3 yrs ago, since then I have changed employers and my wife changed to H1 from h4.
Now can we go to canada for getting our visa stamped. if they
refuse to stamp, then can we still come back to US without the stamping or do we have to got to home country india for Stamping.

:confused:

I entered US on H1 and my wife on H4 around 3 yrs ago, since then I have changed employers and my wife changed to H1 from h4.
Now can we go to canada for getting our visa stamped. if they
refuse to stamp, then can we still come back to US without the stamping or do we have to got to home country india for Stamping
1 . You need Canada Visitor Visa to enter Canada
2 You can try Visa stamping by Appointment in Canada but IF you applied for a VISA IN CANADA AND YOU ARE REFUSED VISA , you will NOT be allowed to US with out US Visa even if you have valid 1-94 then you can not enter US with out getting a Visa from India

Why you have not sent your Passport or your wife passport for REVALIDATION in US? if you have previously H1b or H4 US visas stamped on your Passports that are now expired not less than one year you still can get it Revalided by Department.

if you are visiting India , you both can get Visa stamped but take all the documents you need for that.

Sound advise one thing which is not clear. "REVALIDATION in US"

Can my wife's visa get stampped in US. It's a status change from H4 to H1.

One more question totoally unrelated, I promise I'll not waste any more time. My wife's company has changed its name slightly, Does that make any difference or should INS be informed regarding that

Just wanted to add this. My basis of asking above question was what I read on indiaabroad site at following link.

http://immigration.indiaabroad.com/usa/howto/canada_visa.html

"We recommend that a foreign national get his/her passport stamped in Canada. This is because if the U.S. consulate in Canada refuses to stamp the foreign national's passport (which is within their discretion), (s)he can always re-enter the United States. If a foreign national travels directly to some other country using his/her INS approval notice, (s)he may not be allowed to re-enter the United States if the State Department refuses to stamp his/her passport "

1. http://immigration.indiaabroad.com/...anada_visa.html
Info on above site is NOT updated and is not correct, new changes were made in April 2002, go to google and search for
Automatic Visa Revalidation
and
Visa Revalidation in US or go to Immihelp.com and find the info about revalidation in US--------------

Sound advise one thing which is not clear. "REVALIDATION in US"
see above
Can my wife's visa get stampped in US. It's a status change from H4 to H1.

YES, if she has Valid H1B and working, all who have any kind of H visa can be revalidated in US and they should be in STATUS

One more question totoally unrelated, I promise I'll not waste any more time. My wife's company has changed its name slightly, Does that make any difference or should INS be informed regarding that

***Your wife employer shold give a letter for revalidation request see the sample letter at www. immihelp.com
and employer should state on the letter that they have changed the company name and owner is same.

why do not you research for your self for small things?