Need some inputs Urgently

suchandra

I recently got J1 visa waiver but I am currently in my home country and my employer is planning to apply for my H1 VISA . On my waiver there is LIN number mentioned. Does that have to do anything with the H1 Lin number. Since I was on j1 before and got this waiver which states Lin no on the form , Will this affect my H1 process from others. If yes what are the steps i need to take for H1 process.

Please educate me on the issues invovled with H1 processing after the arrival of J1 visa waiver. Does Lin no mentioned on Waiver form carries any significance?

Why are you so scared of LIN number? If your waiver came from Nebraska service center, it will have LIN number (if Vermont, then EAC number; if California, then WAC; and so on) on it. That's just your INS case number for the waiver application. Relax that you have now final waiver from INS. Every petition submitted to Nebraska INS center will have different LIN number.

I don't understand exactly what you are afraid of.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

My Doubt is where exactly i need to present this Waiver doc

Hi Jigesh,

Thanks for the response. My Doubt is where exactly i need to present this Waiver doc in my process for H1 when i am filing from india.

My doubt was somebody told me that you will get a LIN number once you apply for H1 . IS that differeent from what i have now?

In my application process for H1 where do i need to present this waiver details. Becoz Actually it was stamped on my earlier visa that two year rule will not apply even then some suggested me to go for waiver as it might apply even though its not stamped on J1 visa.

Now since My present company is thinking of filing for H1 At what point do i need to give my waiver docs to them?

Let me know at your convinience

Waiver and H-1 petition will have different LIN numbers.

Give a copy of waiver to the attorney who is filing for H-1B. Keep original waiver or its copy with you to show if they ask for it during visa stamping. Most probably, neither the company attorney nor visa issuing consulate will ask for waiver because your J-1 stamp says "not subject to 2-year HRR." However, it's good that you have waiver to be on safe side.

Best wishes,

Jigesh