need reasons to revoke 140?

davli024

Registered Users (C)
does any one know whether employer needs a reason to revoke 140 if you leave her before 485 approval but after 180 days after filing 485? what is it?

The new AC21 memo (ref: first thread) clearly states that if the I-485 has been unadjudicated (and I-140 approved + unrevoked) for 180 days, then you can change jobs no problemo.
Even if the employer tries to revoke the I-140 after 180 days, INS will not stop the I-1485 process. If you change your job to a similar position and inform INS, you will be just fine.

I hope by changing careers you will not change the job description in the LC (i.e. software engineer to Stock Analyst) - that kind of career change is not allowed by AC21.

They can revoke if they want. They have the oblige to inform INS about your job change by law. Most companies do that. They don't tell you, so you don't know.

But according to BCIS new memo, if you change job after 180 days, BCIS will continue your 485 adjudication even if your 140
is invoked by your former employer.

davli024

I am very interested in your subject. Though I already got my GC, but I am tired of my current career. I am a pesuo-IT (seasoned), what trigers you for new career; job security?
job paycheck? job too routine...you name it?