Need info regarding SS Card replacement

nebraska_people

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,
I just got my passport stamped and now want to get my Social security card replaced. Can anyone help me guiding how to go about it. What all documents are needed for same. Any information will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

HI idreams and peace_of_mind,
Thanks for the info. One more question is, Do we need to fill any form for SS card replacement ?

nebraska_people said:
HI idreams and peace_of_mind,
Thanks for the info. One more question is, Do we need to fill any form for SS card replacement ?

As other members have suggested wait for couple of weeks and go to
any SS office. Yes, you need to fill out the form for SS no. in which you are going to give old no.
Take Driver ID, Passport and old SS card.
It is matter of 10 minutes. When you show your passport stamping they understand what you want and what they have to do.
They take old SS card and tell you with in 2 weeks you will get new card by mail. We got stamping on 29th July and we went for new SS card on 7th Sept and we received new SS card by mail on 20th Sept.
Hope this helps
Good luck
ARB123

What should we do incase we do not have old ss card. I lost my old SS card when in home country when my wallet was stolen..

lucky65 said:
What should we do incase we do not have old ss card. I lost my old SS card when in home country when my wallet was stolen..

It is OK, just go to the SS office to replace a new one. ;)

You know your SS number, I am sure. ;)

Wish you lucky100% from now, not 65% :D

PS: Never put your SS card in your wallet. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks, After Passport stamping, I requested SS office to replace my card but when I ecieved my new card in mail it has same clause of work authorized with approval of DHS. So I went agin back to tehir office requeste dthe lady and supervisior but reply was that since there are only 4 classes on form -- citizen, alien authorized to work----. and they say it is right when I repeatedly isited they said we will keep copy of card and will let you. My question is whether I am right or not? and how to convience the SS office that this clause has not to be there?

Last edited by a moderator:
honeyhappy,
I feel sorry for you. There is no other go but for approaching the local SSA office. After PP stampping, how many days gap did you give before you approached SSA for replacement of card? Also, did you show your PP stamp and mention that you have got your green card and you would like to remove the condition on your SSN? Mention what exactly you were asking SSA to replace card for?

Unfortunately whether you go to Mc Ducks or SSA, you have to frame sentences the way they understand and not grammetical sentences in English. For example
You should not say. ------------------- you should say
without meat. -------------------------- no meat
I haven't done anything. ---------------- I aint done nothing

I went after 15 days and checked with there local office as well as 1800 no with A # that info is there in system. I even checked with them that is plastic card necessary or Stamped pasport will work. I showed them all record-stamped passport, letter etc.

honeyhappy,
We too have faced a similar problem with SSA. But only after approaching thrice..., we could get things done... If one SSA staff does a mistake, other staff support her/him. There is no other go but to approach your local SSA.