Need info on 2nd FP

Rahul_need_help

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends

My 1st FP was done on Aug 10, 02 and it will be 12 mths from now since that time. I read people are talking about the 2nd FP about which I am little confused.. I wasnt aware of the 2nd FP. Could you give me little inputs about:

1. Does everyone has to go thru 2nd FP
2. What is the validity of 1st FP
3. If you dont give the 2nd FP do BCIS abandon the case.
4. Will 2nd FP come in the mail or I can go anytime after the expiry of 1st FP.

Please share your expereince guys

Thanks for help..

Rahul
WAC 02-077
CSC

Nobody has replied ????...pls help

Hi Guys,

Would appreciate if someone can answer my queries...if they know about it....

THANKS A TON friends !!

Rahul

FP valid for 15 months only

Hi Rahul,
Each FP is valid for 15 months only. BCIS will issue for 2nd FP automatically before approving your case if 1st FP has expired. You don't have to do any thing. Just keep waiting. Regards,
-Anand

Fingerprint issue for I-485

Hmm - i had an RFE sent to me on April 14/03, requesting more information on my I-485 (EB3). The RFE was returned on Jul 10/03, which is just BEFORE the 15-month expiration date of the fingerprints.

Before they approve (hopefully) my case, will they request another fingerprint? Or since the documents for the RFE reached them before the 15-month deadline, does that mean i should be ok?

thanks,
:eek:

I forgot to add the following info:

FP: Mar 5/02

The request for evidence did not request another fingerprint session.

brig

Hi brig,

If you are lucky your case will be approved before the issuance of the 2nd FP. The only rule is that as long as it has been 15 months since your FP and the case is not approved, they can ask you to get a new set of FP taken.

Good Luck

Paras

No such luck, Paras. I had to have another set of FP taken on Oct 10/03. Now, I'm waiting for some sort of reply.