Need I-539 records for parents GC

IrvingGuy

Registered Users (C)
I am a US citizen and applied Green Card for my parents (who live in Taiwan).

I started the paper work DS230 in US and my parents got interview from American Intstitue in Taiwan. After their interview, more records were requested of my father.

My father visited US a dozen times between 1983 and 1996 with B-1 (this is long before I became a US citizen in 2006). In most visit he would applied I-539 to request B-1 visa extension. His last visit in 1996 as B-1 visa was denied because INS suspected that he intended to stay in US.

We don't have complete records of I-539 results of each petition and I think CP in Taiwan wanted these records to show that my father had not stayed in US longer than he could.

My question is that if there is a way to request records from past I-539 filing? INS should have record of my father's entry and departure record on I-94. Usually the extension date is stamped on I-94 but it is surrendered at exit and we don't have copies in every case. We do have copies of I-539 we submitted - and we have I-94 numbers. Is there way to request copies of old I-94 records ?

Please help. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't have complete records of I-539 results of each petition and I think CP in Taiwan wanted these records to show that my father had not stayed in US longer than he could.
it doesn't matter anyway, since your father's last visit (with a possible overstay would be more than 10 years ago, and that means that his 10 year ban would be over by now (if he overstayed by more than a year).