Need Help

PSONI

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
my wife did not have birth certificate and there is no way to get it because she was born in a small village where there is no municipal corporation but there is Gram panchayat.

while submitting 485 I have submitted two affidavits One from her mother and one from her father.

in anticipation of RFE for birthcertificate, What else i can keep ready.

Your help in this matter will be highly appreciated.

No Title

You can try and get Non-Availability certificate in case you get an RFE. Sometimes they don\'t issue a non-availability certificate if the DOB is after 1969. In that case they would issue a Birth Certificate based on the sworn affidavits before a first class judicial magistrate.

No Title

Again I can get Non-Availability certificate from Municipal Corporation only !. But still there is no municipal corporation there. It comes under Gram Panchayat Rule. I have a letter from Gram panchayat stating her Birth Details.

Also have affidavites from her parents. Is that what you are suggesting ?

I am pretty sure that Gram Panchayaths issue non availability too

All that the president or who ever is the head of Panchayath has to say is that record is not found! Is that the same vilage on her passport too! Other thing which can be done is to request the taluk(sub divison of the district) revenue officer to register the birth now, they will enquire and do that and u know what is the best way to get things done in India(power/money)
all the best

No Title

Then whats the problem. You already have a BC. If you have not submitted it while applying for 485, you can send it if you get an RFE.

are affadevits not enough?

Are affadevits from parents not enought? Is it necessary to show non-avalabity certificate.

I was born in 1972. I tried for non-avail cert. Sub Reg just wrote on back of reciept. It is hand wrriten having hindi stamp.

Is there chance of RFE?

Thanks