Need help!

tiaretahiti

Registered Users (C)
:confused: I am a french citizen from Tahiti. I am married to an American citizen for over two years now. My problem is, I was married before to another American citizen for 15 years. The ex-husband didn't filed my papers until 2000. ( Reason: didn't want to). By the way was married in 88. Anyway, someone helped us. We sent the papers to the INS office in Laguna Niguel CA. Waited for a while. Finally they send us a notice of action on I-130 cost $110 in Aug 2001 with some of the papers and told us to take it to Fresno. So, my ex-husband didn't want anything to do with me. He was in control of me I can't do anything. Meanwhile, we were having some marital problem he didn't want me to get permanent residence. We split up and I filed for divorce in 2003 it got so bad, I couldn't take the abuse anymore. He was threatening me that he's going to turn me to the INS. Anyway , I didn't finished my papers. I moved away I don't know what to do. My new husband and trying to figure out about this problem. That's why I want any information I can get from all of you. Please help, need a lot of information.
PS: I have some of the copies of the papers with me and the other half are in the Department of Homeland Security in Missouri.

hello, I would definately get a good immigration lawyer, they will b able to shed more light on ur situation.. gosh! that was awful of ur ex... good luck 4 the future... :)

Thanks charchamps,
We live in the Bakersfield area. We checked into some lawyer here they are very expensive $5.000. One of them told us that we need to do it all over again. What do you think? We talk to our Congress man ( not a big help). Tell me something, Am I illegal here now even though I'm married to an American or they will deport me?

Hello, well u have started doing something, if i were u i would definately re-file agian and c where it goes from there... u can definately do this on ur own as lawyer fees a rediculously high... Good luck :)