Need help

munaakarim said:
Thanks africa for your reply,u mean 40 days to be renewed?Anyway my husband include me in his petition on yr 2004 when we got married,we hope soon he will be approved,so what next should he do after the approval?
you don't renew RTD when they expired.you just apply for a new one.now it takes about 40 days to get one.for the fact that your husband included you on his I-485, it dose only mean he informed ucis that he is married.once he got approved as a residence,then he needs to file a petition to bring you as a wife of residence of usa.the waiting list for residence is too long because they are limited to cetain amount of visas every year.the waiting list is much shorter for families of us citzens.this the fact if you want to came this way.every thing else is just trying to pypass the process.if you want to come here as a student or visitor that is a diffrent thing.i know many asylee who got married after they optained asylum,they are in the same sitution.their lawyers told them what i explained you.they are here working every 2 years they go back to africa to visit they wifes.good luck.

so hard and pain

africa said:
you don't renew RTD when they expired.you just apply for a new one.now it takes about 40 days to get one.for the fact that your husband included you on his I-485, it dose only mean he informed ucis that he is married.once he got approved as a residence,then he needs to file a petition to bring you as a wife of residence of usa.the waiting list for residence is too long because they are limited to cetain amount of visas every year.the waiting list is much shorter for families of us citzens.this the fact if you want to came this way.every thing else is just trying to pypass the process.if you want to come here as a student or visitor that is a diffrent thing.i know many asylee who got married after they optained asylum,they are in the same sitution.their lawyers told them what i explained you.they are here working every 2 years they go back to africa to visit they wifes.good luck.
Thanks,i got your point,its means i have to wait for long,my husband told me when hes approved he will apply citizenship which i heard it takes 6months then file my petition which takes almost 3yrs,wont that work?can my husband invites me according to his status,thanks,my english is poor but i think you get up my point.

Munaakarim,
You asked me about my wife in other Thread (Refugee/asylee's spouse) and I answered your question overthere, with little explainasion.
We all came here as an immigrant without knowing any English (some do), Mine is still poor so please dont feel bad for that matter, I am really sure that we all understand each other very well.

The process is little complicated, but after a while searching for your answers you will understand the principal of the Immigration rules, regarding your situation. Many of us have a same probelm which is seperation from the spouse. As soon as he gets his citizenship it would be easier, but right now, even with greencard it may takes several years with current situation.

We will try to communicate to each other (all of us) to illuminate the probelms here and find other ways to fight with this issue.

I hope you will enjoy the new year with all the good stuff in it.

Good Luck,
Nas

nasrmobin said:
Munaakarim,
You asked me about my wife in other Thread (Refugee/asylee's spouse) and I answered your question overthere, with little explainasion.
We all came here as an immigrant without knowing any English (some do), Mine is still poor so please dont feel bad for that matter, I am really sure that we all understand each other very well.

The process is little complicated, but after a while searching for your answers you will understand the principal of the Immigration rules, regarding your situation. Many of us have a same probelm which is seperation from the spouse. As soon as he gets his citizenship it would be easier, but right now, even with greencard it may takes several years with current situation.

We will try to communicate to each other (all of us) to illuminate the probelms here and find other ways to fight with this issue.

I hope you will enjoy the new year with all the good stuff in it.

Good Luck,
Nas
Thanks,where is your wife country?u mean after getting greencard he has to apply citizenship then file my petition?have nothing to say my mind is so confused,its so pain to be far your husband,and the waiting is too long as i can see,when did u got married?

Hi nasrmobin,got your thread which you posted time ago,ok your wife is in Iran,my husband is asylum from somalia,anyway what i suggest now is my sis in Canada to sponser me and my parents ,think that can work earlier than this,my sis told me it easier to come to Canada than USA,anyway here the problem is am 22 yrs june next year i will be 23,and according to their rules the spouse should be under 22yrs from the time of processing,but my sis told me they dont count months provided u are still 22yrs,anyway any suggestion about that idea?Actually the process takes about 6-1year,need your opinions and other in this forum

munaakarim said:
Thanks,where is your wife country?u mean after getting greencard he has to apply citizenship then file my petition?have nothing to say my mind is so confused,its so pain to be far your husband,and the waiting is too long as i can see,when did u got married?
the life is all about love..myself even in heaven I can't live without my wife.
I know a guy give up his green card to live with his wife..
he found legal residency him and his wife in sweden..
he use to work in front desk in new york ciry hotel ..now he own his company in sweden.

life is hard but is fair :)

O.k. on the same thread I wrote you stuff, http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=199596

there is the website which Lolali has been put it there for Canada, you may want to review that website for Immigration to Canada, you may get some point,

I am trying to help you out to understand the situation.
If you were married before he (your husband) got his asylee approval, he is eligible to file a petition in behalf of you which is called I-730 (apparently your situation is not the same).

Another way is when he got his Greencard, he is able to file a petition called I-130 which is for GC holder family member (Spouse and Child) which he may gets approval after 1 or two years but the problem is the limitation of visa which issuing every year for Family of GC is very low. So usually it takes 4 to 5 years for the whole process.But I think he has to do it anyway (who knows they may change the limitation of visas to higher Number in later time)

But as soon as he get his citizenship and American Passport, he can bring you here probably not later than six months, but the probelm is, from my undrestanding he has not received his GC yet, so From what we are seeing from immigration and situation right now, it will take many years for you to be here.

All the non-immigrant visas(student and Tourism) are UNAVAILBLE for you since you husband resides (living) in the United States, so from my point of view you may want to apply for some other countries and since you have your sister over there I think you have a chance to go to Canada, I would give it a try.

Go to that website and see what you can find, LOLALI is an expert (from what he is saying) in the field he can help you out as well.

Feel free to ask questions,

goodluck.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.html
Nas

But if he get his Citizen

nasrmobin said:
O.k. on the same thread I wrote you stuff, http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=199596

there is the website which Lolali has been put it there for Canada, you may want to review that website for Immigration to Canada, you may get some point,

I am trying to help you out to understand the situation.
If you were married before he (your husband) got his asylee approval, he is eligible to file a petition in behalf of you which is called I-730 (apparently your situation is not the same).

Another way is when he got his Greencard, he is able to file a petition called I-130 which is for GC holder family member (Spouse and Child) which he may gets approval after 1 or two years but the problem is the limitation of visa which issuing every year for Family of GC is very low. So usually it takes 4 to 5 years for the whole process.But I think he has to do it anyway (who knows they may change the limitation of visas to higher Number in later time)

But as soon as he get his citizenship and American Passport, he can bring you here probably not later than six months, but the probelm is, from my undrestanding he has not received his GC yet, so From what we are seeing from immigration and situation right now, it will take many years for you to be here.

All the non-immigrant visas(student and Tourism) are UNAVAILBLE for you since you husband resides (living) in the United States, so from my point of view you may want to apply for some other countries and since you have your sister over there I think you have a chance to go to Canada, I would give it a try.

Go to that website and see what you can find, LOLALI is an expert (from what he is saying) in the field he can help you out as well.

Feel free to ask questions,

goodluck.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.html
Nas

But if he get his Citizen
Nasrmobin actually i dont get these things properly cause i dont know my history much well,am just trying to share my problem with other it force me to concern myself to this forum so that i can know much on it and how things go,anyway try to get my case although in problem and ontop english is a problem but think u can understand me,my husb has been improved asylum long time but to file the 1485 was in year 2000,we got marriade in yr 2004 and that is when he also include me in his petition,lets the long waiting here proceed and i take my chance to try via canada,about 6months to 1 yr,thanks

munaakarim said:
Thanks,i got your point,its means i have to wait for long,my husband told me when hes approved he will apply citizenship which i heard it takes 6months then file my petition which takes almost 3yrs,wont that work?can my husband invites me according to his status,thanks,my english is poor but i think you get up my point.
if your husband get approved he will need to wait for 3 years and 9 months before he can apply for citizenship.it takes about 8 months to complete citizenship process and about another 8 months to bring you here.that itself is a long shot. yes,he can invite you but that alone won't get you a visa.you have to prove to the consulate that you are well off and you will return back to your country.try having your husband visiting you very often.

munaakarim said:
Nasrmobin actually i dont get these things properly cause i dont know my history much well,am just trying to share my problem with other it force me to concern myself to this forum so that i can know much on it and how things go,anyway try to get my case although in problem and ontop english is a problem but think u can understand me,my husb has been improved asylum long time but to file the 1485 was in year 2000,we got marriade in yr 2004 and that is when he also include me in his petition,lets the long waiting here proceed and i take my chance to try via canada,about 6months to 1 yr,thanks

Dear Muna,
There is a part which I dont get it, he got asylum approval in 2000, when did he applied for Greencard (I-485)? after you got married or in 2001? If I am not really clear, ask me so I can expalin my points.
the other question is, most of the people from Africa, are Refugee, is your husbnd is an asylee or a refugee?

Thanks,

Nas

jubilee said:
the life is all about love..myself even in heaven I can't live without my wife.
I know a guy give up his green card to live with his wife..
he found legal residency him and his wife in sweden..
he use to work in front desk in new york ciry hotel ..now he own his company in sweden.

life is hard but is fair :)

Thanks for your comment Jubliee,
I have friend of mine which was asking me about getting married from me after I was married, and he went to Dubai and he's been living there forever, The point is try to stay here and have other probelms stright-up,
I am just try my best.

Regards,

Nas

nasrmobin said:
Dear Muna,
There is a part which I dont get it, he got asylum approval in 2000, when did he applied for Greencard (I-485)? after you got married or in 2001? If I am not really clear, ask me so I can expalin my points.
the other question is, most of the people from Africa, are Refugee, is your husbnd is an asylee or a refugee?

Thanks,

Nas
Actually he got asylum approval before year 2000,in year 2000 this is when he applied for greencard,we got married in yr 2004 when he receive notice in this yr he include me in his notice,my husband is an asylee from somali,my problem is i dont get up these things well but i try my best to explain my case,hope u will get me although in problems but u have ideas about this issue,thanks

Muna,
it is clear now, and I am not trying to confuse you. As far as my research goes, 1) he has to apply for you as soon as he got his GC with filling up the form I-130. it may takes several years but who knows what is going to happen in future. 2) If you are really want to get closer to the United States which probably will open some ways to get here, you should try going to Canada if you can, which makes it easier for both of ou guys to meet each other more often.

United States Citizenship and Immigration, unfortunately do not have any solution for people which are in the same situation as we are, probably there is no rules have been written for this matter. So we are kind of stucked with situation which we can not do anything for it right now, so you have to find more alternative ways to fix the probelm like going to Canada or some other things like that. I hope you get my point.
Keep us updated with any news and things which may happen in future and I will let you know if I figuered out any other ways to deal with the issue.
have a good time in Kenya, My wife and I have plan ahead to see Kenya for her research.
Thanks,

Regards

nasrmobin said:
Muna,
it is clear now, and I am not trying to confuse you. As far as my research goes, 1) he has to apply for you as soon as he got his GC with filling up the form I-130. it may takes several years but who knows what is going to happen in future. 2) If you are really want to get closer to the United States which probably will open some ways to get here, you should try going to Canada if you can, which makes it easier for both of ou guys to meet each other more often.

United States Citizenship and Immigration, unfortunately do not have any solution for people which are in the same situation as we are, probably there is no rules have been written for this matter. So we are kind of stucked with situation which we can not do anything for it right now, so you have to find more alternative ways to fix the probelm like going to Canada or some other things like that. I hope you get my point.
Keep us updated with any news and things which may happen in future and I will let you know if I figuered out any other ways to deal with the issue.
have a good time in Kenya, My wife and I have plan ahead to see Kenya for her research.
Thanks,

Regards
Thanks,i also suggest to go on with canada,my sis will file family sponsorship,but have to go with my parents,any idear concerning family sponsorship in canada?i read on their website and see that ther ia a certain income ma sis have to qualify to look after her family in about 3-10yrs,but they didnt state the amount,anyone know about that income?thanks