Need help

munaakarim

Registered Users (C)
HI ALL,am from kemya my husband in USA has file 1485 in year 2000,but not yet approved how long will it take?how can he do to take me in USA,plz i need your help i need to be with him,thanks in advance

munaakarim said:
HI ALL,am from kemya my husband in USA has file 1485 in year 2000,but not yet approved how long will it take?how can he do to take me in USA,plz i need your help i need to be with him,thanks in advance

Dear Muna:
This forum is full of people who have filed in 2000 and are still waiting. The good news is, everyone who has filed is expected to be approved very soon, probably in the next 8-10 months. After that, he can file a petition for you to come join him, but that will also take long.

In the mean time, probably the best option for you is to come to the USA on a student visa. But if you do that, you must maintain your student status by staying in school; otherwise you will create major immigration problems for the future. DO NOT even consider coming here on a visitor's visa and overstaying because that will also be very bad.

I wish you good luck.

Floyd

To apply for student visa nowadays is so hard cause one of my friend apply student but the embassy told her he cannot go to USA for study cause the course can be taken in your country,incase i apply should i say am married IN USA or say am single?thanks for your help.

munaakarim said:
To apply for student visa nowadays is so hard cause one of my friend apply student but the embassy told her he cannot go to USA for study cause the course can be taken in your country,incase i apply should i say am married IN USA or say am single?thanks for your help.

I would recommend against lying on the visa form. Also note that telling them you have an asylee husband in the USA will make getting a visa near-impossible.

floyd said:
I would recommend against lying on the visa form. Also note that telling them you have an asylee husband in the USA will make getting a visa near-impossible.
Thanks alots one thing plz when i said am married probably they will notice am going USA for goods,that why am scared,anyway how can i get student permit?thanks floyd GOD bless

what if approved

what if my husband is approved,what should he do next?can he spouse me after approval am in kenya,plz reply thanks

munaakarim said:
Thanks alots one thing plz when i said am married probably they will notice am going USA for goods,that why am scared,anyway how can i get student permit?thanks floyd GOD bless

Were you already married when your husband got asylum in the USA? If so, he can file I-730.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-730.htm
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/derref.htm

It will take about 3 years (may be shorter now).

I dont know what else to tell you--except to say that I wish you good luck. If there is any other question, please feel free to ask. There are many knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum who might be able to provide information.

Floyd

munaakarim said:
HI, Muna,
I am wondering why your husband has to wait his approval of I485. Is his status based on asylee, family or employment. If based on asylee, why don't he sponser you through the refugee program, which he is elligible........

faysal said:
HI, Muna,
I am wondering why your husband has to wait his approval of I485. Is his status based on asylee, family or employment. If based on asylee, why don't he sponser you through the refugee program, which he is elligible........
An other point even if your husband's I485 is approved, getting visa on greencard based petitions are time consuming and a long wait..........

Need help on 1485

Thanks faysal,i think his status are based on aslyee but i will confirm with him,i dont understand about sponsering in refugee program plz can you tell me the procedure on how to apply,how long will it take ?Be in mind that am in kenya,Africa,Thanks faysal i appreciate for your help.

munaakarim said:
Thanks faysal,i think his status are based on aslyee but i will confirm with him,i dont understand about sponsering in refugee program plz can you tell me the procedure on how to apply,how long will it take ?Be in mind that am in kenya,Africa,Thanks faysal i appreciate for your help.

Muna, I work with a refugee sponsering organization in USA, and the refugee process is quite straighford. I think if your husband is on asylee status and lives in USA He is aware of that.

To answer your question, the refugee program is not open to Kenyans living in Kenya and Kenya does not include the countries that are elligible. Somalia is eligible. If you are somali and your husband is in asylee status in USA He can sponser you.

If you provide me with your private e-mail, I may be able to explain to you in detail the different ways he can sponser you.
This year particularly the refugee progam is open. the duration it takes varies. one to four years................Good lucky Muna. i wish you unite with your husband......

Muna, does your husband know how to read? If he is not aware of the procedures to get you here then you could point him to this website and www.uscis.gov. I believe he is aware of the process because you mentioned he has come to visit you in Kenya twice. He should be a man enough to start struggling to gather patent information to help you get here. The picture does'nt look good. :mad: :confused: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
help

Thanks,my husband knows how to read hes working there,his problem is once he lives his case with immigration he relax,which is very wrong one have to struggle to archive other means,anyway he has appointment on 9th with the USCIS,can he invites me to USA,what should he say so that i can visit even if a month,instead of him coming to kenya,cause he dont get time at work to visit me,hes a busy man,thanks

RTD renewal

Gow long does it take for refugee travel document to be renewed?Last year my husband renewed his RTD and it takes 7 months,is there anymeans to get your RTD renewed earlier than this,he wish to come but his RTD has expire,thanks

munaakarim said:
Gow long does it take for refugee travel document to be renewed?Last year my husband renewed his RTD and it takes 7 months,is there anymeans to get your RTD renewed earlier than this,he wish to come but his RTD has expire,thanks
it used to take up to 7 months to get RTD.now it only takes about 40 days.i have been following your posting,all i can tell you is that if your husband is asylee and you were not married before he optained asylum,you have to wait untill he gets GC,then file petition for you.that can take up to 5 years.nothing he could to bring you here,unless you want to bypass the process by seeking a visitor's visa which is not easy.there are many asylee in the same situition.trust your husband and be paitent.

faysal said:
Muna,
I Know what you are going through. I was once separated from my wife. I can't imagine the pain and agony I went through.
Getting travel document easy, but the money and visa to Nairobi are hard. I went to Nairobi In 2003 and I spent a lot of money.

Now, if you were not married at the time your husband was granted he can not sponser you, but if he travelled back after grant of asylum and you married and made the paper work in Nairobi, He can sponser you...........
definitely, there are more to your husband's case. I doubt that your husband was given asylum status in 1999, and he does not know how to sponser you...
Any way I don't have time to day to e-mail you, but I will email you tomorrow. Also the city where I live It is easy to get student visa if you have high school certificate from Kenya, and some money you can support yourself. It used be free but these days colleges require $2500 from students coming from somalia and Kenya. Any ways keep the hope and you will come here and enjoy with your husband...

Thanks faysal,i heard all the ideas from other people,and am a little bit confused on what to do to see myself next to my husband,hope you get clearly ma case,what best should i do?i need to proceed something as per time goes,my husb file on yr 2000 when he was not married.he marry on yr 2004 that is when he file me in his petition,thanks i appreciates

help

africa said:
it used to take up to 7 months to get RTD.now it only takes about 40 days.i have been following your posting,all i can tell you is that if your husband is asylee and you were not married before he optained asylum,you have to wait untill he gets GC,then file petition for you.that can take up to 5 years.nothing he could to bring you here,unless you want to bypass the process by seeking a visitor's visa which is not easy.there are many asylee in the same situition.trust your husband and be paitent.
Thanks africa for your reply,u mean 40 days to be renewed?Anyway my husband include me in his petition on yr 2004 when we got married,we hope soon he will be approved,so what next should he do after the approval?