Need help with possible lay off

cowboy2007

Guys

Currently working for company A on H1b (stamped in passport till Feb 2011), with whom I 485 pending (more than 180 days) I 140 is approved. Company has expressed intentions to let me go due to economic constraints, but will like to work with any possible solutions o that GC is not affected.

Company A will not revoke H1B approved I 140
Also willing to provide good faith letter of intent for future employment (as mentioned in LCA) whenever needed even if I am not working full time with them that time.

I also have EAD and I am currently attending full time business school

I know finding new job and filling for AC21 is the most appropriate way to go about it.
But I am an Architect (real) and way the construction industry is these days. It is very likely that I may not find new job similar to my original job description for long time.

1. Company A has offered reduced hours (24 hrs) position, which will pay the same hourly rate as approved in labor for h1b. Company A also thinks the full time position could be available in recent future once economy gets littlie better
a. Can I continue working with Company A by switching on to EAD with reduced hours and then get back on H1b once the full time position is available? If yes what is the procedure
b. Or do I have to file for H1b amendment (may be stating reason to attend school)? How risky is that?
c. If I get an RFE for EVL will there be any problem due to my reduced wages and hours?

2. Company B is willing to offer full time position, which is not similar to the position on LCA. So cannot file for AC21. I switch to this company either by H1 transfer or EAD
a. Can I continue I 485 applications pending with Company A? And respond to any RFE through company A?
In that case should I resign from Company A before they terminate my services?

Thanks in advance