Need help with I-140 documentation

akela

Registered Users (C)
My labor is still not clear EB-2 RIR VA. People around me are getting their LC in advance.
Akelaapproved left and right. I want to get my papaers ready (Last time I could have filed my LC before April 2001, did not and I am paying a very heavy price).

I have all the papers except, my I-20 (I went to school here) and my EAD (for OPT training for the same company I am with now). I hope my lawyer have the papers for these (I am with the same company since 1999 after graduation). What are my alternatives of getting these documents.

How do I get my previous EAD and my earlier I-20 (maybe the school would help). What about EAD that I got for my opt training. How do I get a duplicate when filing for I-140.

Please advise
Thanks

akela said:
My labor is still not clear EB-2 RIR VA. People around me are getting their LC in advance.
Akelaapproved left and right. I want to get my papaers ready (Last time I could have filed my LC before April 2001, did not and I am paying a very heavy price).

I have all the papers except, my I-20 (I went to school here) and my EAD (for OPT training for the same company I am with now). I hope my lawyer have the papers for these (I am with the same company since 1999 after graduation). What are my alternatives of getting these documents.

How do I get my previous EAD and my earlier I-20 (maybe the school would help). What about EAD that I got for my opt training. How do I get a duplicate when filing for I-140.

Please advise
Thanks

As far as I know you dont need to provide any I-20 or OPT related info
for filing your I-140 (double check with your lawyers) You will need
your degree certificate and transcripts that is all.

Here is a list I got from some other posting

I-140
------
1. Employment letter
2. Employment Reference Letters (if experience
required)
3. Degree Cert / Mark Sheets / Transcript
4. Education Evaluation (if required)
5. Copy of I-94
6. 3 latest Pay Stubs
7. Company tax returns & W-2 for all years from your priority date

inqsit

Inqsit,
Thanks for the reply.
Did you do your masters from US? Did you work here on an EAD (OPT)?
If this is the case would you need the documents.

Thanks
akela

u dont need any of those documents. U dont need OPT card and I-20 to file for I-140. I did my masters here in US and also worked on OPT.

akela said:
Inqsit,
Thanks for the reply.
Did you do your masters from US? Did you work here on an EAD (OPT)?
If this is the case would you need the documents.

Thanks
akela

i did my masters here and you dont need OPT(EAD) or your I-20 stuff for applying for I-140

inqsit