Need help with FP

Pen Pal

Registered Users (C)
Is it possible that I can get my finger prints done before INS actually sends out the FP package.

Here is the situation: We applied our I485/EAD/AP on June 28 of this year. No receipt yet expecting EAD and AP by end of next month. Back home I have medical emergency so need to go to India immediately as soon as I receive my AP. I am not sure when I will be back so want to get my finger prints done before I leave. Any help would be highly appreciated.

No Title

It is not possible to do your FP without a notice for it is generated at the INS and mailed to you. Anyway, if you applied only in June, it will take a while for you to get to FP stage. only thing you can do is to cancel your 485 and apply for CP, in which case you can get an interview within 4-6 months. but to make the change might be a slow and painful process. talk to an attorney.

If it as an emergency, then, send a letter by certified mail thro\' your attorney to INS stating the reasons and then you can use your H1 to travel. you can come back later and continue from where you leftoff. I am not sure if this will work but you can always give it a shot. Goodluck on your medical emergency.