Need help with ETA 750B for NIW

parsa

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Is there anyone that has filled out form ETA 750B or ETA 9089(parts J, K, and L) for an NIW case?

I need some help with it and would really appreciate your assistance.

9. Occupation in which
Alien is Seeking Work

Do I write "not applicable" here?

12. Additional Qualifications and Skills Alien Possesses and Proficiency in the use of Tools, Machines or Equipment Which Would Help Establish if
Alien Meets Requirements for Occupation in Item 9.

Again, do I write "not applicable" here?

13. List Licenses (Professional, journeymen, etc.)

I imagine a persons degrees are considered Licenses, right?

14. List Documents Attached Which are Submitted as Evidence that Alien Possesses the Education, Training, Experience, and Abilities Represented

That's almost the whole document!:). So what would it include; recommendation letters, degrees, publications...what else?

DESCRIBE IN DETAIL THE DUTIES PERFORMED, INCLUDING THE USE OF TOOLS, MACHINES OR EQUIPMENT

How detailed should it be. When you work in a research lab there are a ton of stuff you use.

Last edited by a moderator:
9. Don't leave it blank - even if a job offer is not required for NIW, it's good to list your line of work.
12. You can write your degree (e.g. PhD + xx years of training in yyyyyy). That's all, keep it very short.
13. No, a license is not a degree - BUT the officer reading your application isn't going to care. You can write N/A or your degree, it really doesn't matter.
14. A copy of your degree should do it.

You're taking this form way too seriously - just relax and remember that it's not a big deal as long as you answer truthfully and succinctly.

Hi jk0274,

Thank you so much for answering. Yeah I know, I think I'm getting a little paranoid.

>>14. A copy of your degree should do it.

We have already submitted it. Should we include it again and then mention that we have submitted it? Or just list it there?

And on line 8 Name and Address of Prospective Employer if Alien has job offer in U.S.. Do we again write N/A?

It doesn't hurt to submit your degree again (so you've already applied?)

As for "prospective employer", if you are now working, just state your current employer. If you are moving to a different job, state that job. It's better to write down an actual job than to leave it as N/A; I know it's not required to have a job, but better to have a job written down so to reduce the chances of an RFE later asking you to prove that you are still working in your area of expertise (which many NIW-holders receive at their I-485 adjudication stage).

Yes we've already applied. We actually didn't send in this form and this is what they wanted from us in the RFE

Thanks again!