Need help with docs for TN

Canad

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am presently in US on a TN. My TN is about to expire in march and am preparing the documets for my TN extension. I have some questions regd. the documents and educational evaluation.
1. I have the original degree certificate and the marks sheet of my degree.
Do, I still need a Transcript from the university?

2. I have bachelors in mechanical engg., but my job title is Software Engineer. Last time when I went for my TN, I took the educational evaluation done by park evaluations, NY, stating that my degree will be equivalent to a Bachelors in Management and Information Systems (Considering my bachelors in mechanical engg. and my 6 yrs work experience in software).
Is this evaluation good or will I have any problems because my degree is in mechanical and my work is Software engg and my equivalency is of MIS.

3. Is it advisable to apply for the extension, by mail or at the POE?
I guess I cannot attend at the POE more than 2-4 weeks prior the existing TN visa. If applying by mail, can I do it right away.
(I was actually planning to appear at the POE in the 1st week of march and god forbid, if something happens, then I was planning to come back and apply for extension by mail.

Please help.
Thanks,

1 & 2. If you used documents successfully for the past TN, why would you think of changing them?

3. Your decision to file by mail should solely be based on whether or not you will be travelling near the time of TN expiry (you seem to indicate you will, so you should be getting it at the border).

Thanks

Thanks for the information Nelsona.
I am sorry if I am asking more questions in the forum, but last year I had a very bad experience at the Norton POE. Thats the reason why I want everything to be proper this time.
Is there a possibility to get a sample of the TN offer letter for the Software Engineer. If not I can share my existing copy to make any changes that may be needed. My employer doesn't know much about TN and he asked me to get the document format.
Thanks once again...