Need Help with AOS

Trueman999

Registered Users (C)
I have filed AOS through Marriage to USC. Today i have recevied RFE asking for more evidence for my I-485. I'm just wondering if it is common for INS to ask for RFE? My marriage is bonafide, but still concerned me why they are asking for one. My filling dates are as follows.
RD: Feb 16, 2004
AP: Feb 16, 2004
RFE: Aug 17, 2004
EAD: Aug 17, 2004
Your comments are highly appreciated.

Depends on what documents are asked in the RFE.

They might have been missing or misplaced your marriage cert????? What additional info. have they asked for???

waitingforAOS11 said:
Depends on what documents are asked in the RFE.

They might have been missing or misplaced your marriage cert????? What additional info. have they asked for???

You must PROVE that your marriage is bona fide. If you have been married for less than 2 years, USCIS presumes that your marriage is fraudulent and you bear the burden of overcoming that presumption. What did you submit in the original package to prove that the marriage is legitimate. Basically, USCIS wants to see that the couple have joined their lives, legally, emotionally and financially, that they are residing together, filing joint tax returns, have joint bank accounts, credit cards and utilities, and spend time together (affidavits, pictures,. . .). Putting together the forms for a marriage based GC is relatively simple, proving the bona fides of the marriage and preparing for the interview are the more difficult parts.