Need Help Very Very Very URGENT!!!

EDS announced today that it is going to cut 5K+ jobs .

I agree with Bobby that EDS has these huge multiyear project with govt,private sector and they will have huge bench incase a project goes sour.

Dear SuperStar

I don't think it should pose any problem. My opinion is to join the federal govt kind job where u have more job security than with this consulting company. But Please post your GC details.

Thanks!

My GC Details

My GC Details

RD 03/14/2002
ND 04/05/2002
EAC 05/29/2002
FP 08/15/2002
RFE (For Sure) / AD Waiting
EAC-02-152-52XXX
EB2/OHIO

EAD History :
----------------
1st time EAD used on Oct 7th,2002
2nd time to be used from Nov 4th,2002
(Hurray!! Resigned from the old company & joining new company from Monday Nov 4th,2002)

Superstar

Superstar,

I work for the Government organization just like you had mentioned. It is REALLY GREAT. People are good and lots of facilities. (great work out rooms for 24$ a month) All the above, think of the security. These agencies take 10 to 20 years contract to the government. The employees that I am with are all working for almost 10 to 15 years. Also, the gov agencies have to gothru FBI checks and finger prints before they appoint you. Once you are cleared you are just like any Gov employee. You never never get lay off for market going down etc.

It is a perfect choice for this kind of market. Once market bounces back you can quit and go for hourly rate (I am assuming you have high technical skills etc) and make up all the money. Right now Gov is the safest.

TAKE IT!