Need Help Very Very Very URGENT!!!

CBE_SuperStar

Registered Users (C)
Need Help Very Very Very URGENT!!! (Sudhi, PatienceGC, Girish_Rajput...guys help me)

Friends NEED YOUR HELP Urgently....

My I-485 > 180 days and got laid off from Sponsored Employer. Joined a big consulting company as full time and working for a client (good money $15k more than sponsored employer and all the other benefits...they have no one in bench and if you come to bench they find a job very easily and also pay in bench).

Now, I got another offer from a semi federal govt organisation to join them directly as full time (but the salary is $10k less than the one I newly joined...but it is a full time offer direct to the client). Any one can share their ideas as what I need to do???? Shoule I take the new offer or continue with the current job as consulting. Iam really in a confused state. Please share your thoughts and experience. Please.....

Last edited by a moderator:
CBE_SuperStar

Not so sure about Semi Federal Govt Organisation, but I think for any City, State or Federal job, you have to be a Citizen.

Folks please do correct me if I am wrong.

JULY16

It is just like fanniemae....not purely govt but they do projects for a govt. organisation and people are working there for 15 - 20 years so far with no problems. Please tell me your suggestions.

you have already changed the job once

if you change within such a short span your "intention for permanent employment" may be questioned.

Why would you go for a lower pay job when this company treats you well? I can understand 'stability' concerns but frequent job changes may not be a good thing!

My advice is to stay with the current job at least until your GC comes thru.

I would prefer to work for an efficient consulting company which has good marketing and treats their employees well than getting into a full time job with a big corp or govt.

I think that is the best bet in this state of economy.

Re: JULY16

Originally posted by CBE_SuperStar
It is just like fanniemae....not purely govt but they do projects for a govt. organisation and people are working there for 15 - 20 years so far with no problems. Please tell me your suggestions.

In that case, I would rather go for the Full time Job from the semi Gov org, coz even if you are going to make 10k less than current employer, dont forget you are still making 5k more than ex employer, so you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

But please dont forget, job description, title, duties etc, just in case you get a RFE.

July 16, sam99

I have already used my EAD but now Iam confused as to work as consultant (with more money) or join full time to the client (with
less money).

About that Consulting company :

1. That consulting company is a big company in US (EDS) joined
just a month before.
2. Client (Verizon) site is just 2 miles from my home
3. Pay is very good (80k) with all the benefits.
4. No body in bench and they place you easily if you come to
bench & they pay full bench salary too (but don't know how
long)
5. But the environment what Iam working now is totally different
and scary (business analyst). I was earlier a developer.

About the New Company :

1. They are semi-federal govt organization and Iam gonna join
them full time (direct to client).
2. They pay $10k (70k) less than EDS but with all the benefits
just like EDS.
2. Location is 20 miles from my home
3. People have been working there for ever. Some bought house
as soon as they got full time offer with this company.
4. Environment in which Iam gonna work is exactly the same
what I was doing earlier with my sponsored employer.

Now can you give suggestions either to join New Company or be with EDS.

Thanks!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
CBE_SuperStar

I think your best bet would be to continue with the current job Like patiencegc said, changing jobs frequently could raise concerns. Preferable if you could wait till you have your greencard .

July16, I have a couple of friends who are consultants working at Government jobs. I don't think you need to be a citizen for Govt jobs.Maybe certain important departments won't allow visa and GC holders , but the consultants do have to have a lot of security clearances for access to their systems/departments.

GOOD NEWS!!!!

After posting my details, Just now I called my lawyer (sheela murthy) as I had appointment with her & asked her about the change of Job. She mentioned 100% no problem b'cas once you use EAD it doesn't matter to which company you are working with and also stated that in case RFE comes, provide termination letter from sponsored employer and current employment letter from the new company. EDS is not coming into picture at all. It's a big relief for me now. But she also mentioned to inform INS regarding the change of job which is for future citizenship.

Thanks July16, PatienceGC & others for sharing your thoughts.

Thanks to all so much. Iam going to accept the new offer.

Mr. Superstar,

Perceving the seriousness of the issue thru my own angle, I have following to say (copied from my favorite singer)":

"Dil Ki Awaaaz bhi sun, mere fasane pe naa jaa, meri nazron ki taraf dekh, jamane pe na jaa"

Good for you

BTW EDS isnt all rosy as you think.

I dont think they are doing well financially and also thats one of the companies where your job is on the line every single day! But I am pretty impressed with the quality of their people.

Good luck with your semi govt job (it aint freddie mac is it?) please dont work like the INS at your new job :D

dma_va

if CBE_superstar means a Rajini fan from Coimbatore... he sure isnt gonna know the meaning of your lines :)

PatienceGC,

This is a matter of heart, language won't be a barrier to understand:D :)

Anyways, it means "sometimes listen to ur heart (or mind here) and don't go (purely) by what the world says"..................

dma_va

This is on behalf from Mr Superstar..

Yeh jaalim jara peeche palat kar dekh
Yeh jaalim jara peeche palat kar dekh
Kalija hum bhi rakthe hain
Lambayi tum rakhte ho tho, chaudayi hum rakthe hain

:D :D

superstar,

Good that you are making a decision based on legal advice. Sorry got to your thread only now, but based on my experience (friends getting laid off), some key things to see in your situation are job title, job description and salary range. If the employer is changed twice that it not a big deal. But there are reasons for you to accept this new offer. Because the job description and title and salary range - all are closer to your original sponsor's job. I would give the 10k difference a non issue status for now because being safe for RFE is more important. But too bad, you will have to commute more.

And as patienceGC says, EDS is not that prompt to get you projects. I have friends who worked for EDS and saw people on bench and people getting laid off.

2 cents.

Bobby V

Are your friends from EDS living in the metro area or elsewhere ? I mean does EDs have issues placing people in NJ/NY or elsewhere ?

Re: Bobby V

Originally posted by phoaupkari
Are your friends from EDS living in the metro area or elsewhere ? I mean does EDs have issues placing people in NJ/NY or elsewhere ?

phoaupkari,

I have not seen those in NY/NJ metro area. Couple of people I know in EDS were is upstate new york. It could have been a timing issue also. Although by and large EDS is good, but the point I was making was that superstart should not rely on that as a decision factor. EDS deals with large companies for huge projects and if something goes sour, they suddely have a ton of bench. I am not sure but recently, EDS had a major project scratch with a big company (Xerox I believe).

Is there are special reason you asked this. Just curious, are you related to EDS by any chance?

Re: CBE_SuperStar

FYI-- I worked for an year for FAA (Federal Aviation Admin), Dept. of Transportation in Washington,DC as consultant. I was on H1b. I had to go through an FBI clearance like anyother consultant (citizen or not) and thats it.

There may be more restructions when working for more sensetive offices like INS.

Originally posted by phoaupkari
I think your best bet would be to continue with the current job Like patiencegc said, changing jobs frequently could raise concerns. Preferable if you could wait till you have your greencard .

July16, I have a couple of friends who are consultants working at Government jobs. I don't think you need to be a citizen for Govt jobs.Maybe certain important departments won't allow visa and GC holders , but the consultants do have to have a lot of security clearances for access to their systems/departments.