Need help! Urgent!

LSB

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am travelling on AP to INDIA. I am flying through PARIS (Air India). Do I need to take a transit visa like we do for UK? I talked to Air India and they say that I don't need transit visa. But some people say I need. Please clear my confusion as I don't have much time to get one.

Also, If I need to take a visa, Can I go to any consulate in US or do I need to go to the perticular consulate depending upon where I live?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thx,
LSB

LSB:

You are sweating a lot on this issue. Goto French consulate web site. First search the website. If still in doubt, get the contact number and give a call. If could not get through, you will find a email id for. Send a mail whether you need transit visa or not.

Still if you worried, gather all the documents they mentioned to obtain a transit visa. Mail them. If you live near to a consulate, go by person (you have to one whole day vacation). If you appear by person, you will get the visa same day. If you mail, it may take a week.

Don't panic.

I wa in atlanta this week and stoped there on the same.
consulate, looking at my tickets gave me a letter stating that
i don't need transit visa

My colleague came back from India on AP last week in the same flight through France and he did not have any transit visa with him. Also he confirmed the same with the France Embassey about it before boarding.

So bottom line is you do NOT need a Transit Visa if travelling on AP through France.

I hope this will clear your confusion. Have a safe journey.

BTW, I am also going to India using my AP but through Austrian Air, No VISA Required :)

I think, it depends upon airlines your are traveling with .
The letter I got states that since i don't leave the international zone (by traveling with air Indian), I don't need it . I heard delta airliners were creating some problem in france.

you dont need transit visa if you are going thru paris.Just few days back my friend got back from India Via Paris with AI,he didn't face any problems.

You don’t need transit visa if you are flying through Paris (Air India). I traveled through Paris (Air India) and no problem at all. They will check your Visa or AP while coming back to US

Hi,

I came back from India a week ago. My flight was Newark-Paris-Mumbai-Ahmedabad round trip. There is no need for transit visa in Paris. I did not have one and I also was travelling using my AP.

Njoy ur trip. Nothing like back home

Tx