Need Help Urgent

GSD1971

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guru's

I am in a difficult situation.I filed My 485 on Oct 2002 ,Did my first fp on dec2002 and second fp on june 2004.

On Nov 2004 I received a letter from USCIS that My case is approved as a Derivative. I am a primary applicant.I went to check Online message My wife message change to approved But mine is still the same that they receive my FP on dec2002.
I called USCIS and talk to the Immigration office in NSC He told me that My case is approved on sept 2004 they mailed me the letter But I did not receive the letter nor my Attorney.
I applied for AP in sept 2004 I received the letter that thet denied my Application becasue My 485 is approved .
I spoke with my lawyer he said I have ti file I824 to get teh copy of approval letter.It will take another 6 month.
Is it possible to go to the nearest USCIS office and talk ti Immigration officer and try to get the copy from them.

Please give me some advice what should I do to get the approval notice quickly
My online message is not update it is still the old that dec 2002 they receive my FP.
LUD chage on 10 /20- 10-22 everyday

Please Help......

If I were you, I would just walk in the Newark Office except on Wednesdays as wednesdays are for appointment only and go for stamping taking the AP rejection letter and explain to the staff at Newark that you have not received the approval letter of I485. Since they can access the system and check your application and since it is approved, I am sure that they will allow you to stamp. If not, they will tell you want the procedure is and you will have to just follow it. Good Luck !

GDS1971,
In my case the 485 approval was sent to my old address. USCIS sent a case inquiry letter which I had initiated on 10/22/04, they sent the case inquiry letter to my present address but in the letter they mentioned that they had sent my approval to the old address so I called the NSC they told me to sent that letter to vermont service center with all the details and they will look into it or apply I-824.

Neither my lawyer or I had an approval so I decided to go the local office today and they stamped my passport.

Please go to the following link for more details.

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=150329

Don't worry you will get your stamping without an approval notice. I was in a similar situation like you. Go to the local office and try to get your passport stamped.

Anish
(Note: This is not an advise but to let you know what happened in my case)

I aggree with needhelp1. If you pay a visit to Newark office, they SHOULD be able to help you out definitely.

Good Luck!!

~Mad