Need help regarding effect of divorce on I-485...Thanks

No Title

smg,
I think your freind needs to file for both of them. They are going through marital problems. All these fraud is all BS. Every body goes through these problems, even the INS officers have wife and kids to.

Divorce in India takes about 3-5 years time and so many things can happen before that. Say they both patched up and wanna stay together and your I485 is already approved, then what happens next she needs to wait for 5 years to get back to you.

So my advice is as long as you have not filed for divorce yet, go ahead and file I485 for her. If you guys dont patch and she goes back home. Her green card will auotomatically gets cancelled based on the fact that she did not maintain residency.

ntb2,
Since both have you guys are maintaining residence in US for over 6 months then you can file for divorce in US. You need to really talk to a good attorney because since divorces are lot faster in US, I donot know the state of your I485, as one of the other posters pointed out that she will also get her green card.
tan_suo ,
Your situation is similar to ntb2\'s.

No Title

ntb2,

My friend has the similiar situation as you .My friend asked his attorney and was told that he is ok anyway but it\'s not true for his wife, which depends on the time for him to send the letter to INS.Also you can drop her during the process.So what do you want?get GC for you both or only for you?By the way has you filed 485 for you both?
I do not know if getting interview later what will happen then?

Info about Divorce procedure

I\'m also in the initial process of separation (amicably) and intend to formally go about it after getting my plastic card as We\'ll be going fo CP Interview in Feb end.
Can u guy pls gimme the info/links on how to go about it and whats this cleaners stuff...
Thanks...