Need help regarding changing the consulate office

My Visa Packet III was sent to Mumbai( yet to reach Mumbai) while I prefer to go to Chennai for the CP interview. Does any one have any experience does this?

Change of Consulate before Packet3 sent

Hi,
Recently i got it changed from Chennai to Singapore. Ofcourse that was before Paket3 sent to consulate.

I suggest you call NVC. One caution,if they agree,it will take at lease a month at NVC

Can consulates be changed in India

I thought the consulate is assigned based on your home region. I know, it was not possible to do this for H1s. Not sure abotu CP though.

No Title

you can change the consulate. you have to fill some forms, your attorney knows about those forms for sure. If your attorney is not having that info post a message i can find that one.

Attorney does not seem to know about these forms

Actually I spoke to my attorney about this and the only idea he came up with is that I should talk to Chennai consulate and get there OK for the transfer and then contact Bombay and do the needful.

Could it be possible for you dig these forms up. I have lost hope with mu attorney on this( How I hope I had a desi attorney!)?

Thanks

No Title

Hi All,
        Do you know how long it will delay the interview date, if consulate is changed???. Assuming your i-140 is in the consulate & you have NOT filed Pkt3. Thanks in advance.

No Title

Balaji,
Personally I would suggest you to go to Mumbai rather then changing consulates. First of all you will be delaying you application and then you will get stuck with the uncertainty of when the application will be forwarded to chennai.
Secondly there is lot of talks going on that dates will retrogress. I am not sure about you EB category but if it is EB3 then Mumbai is the way to go instead of wasting time.

Thanks for the info - what about medical? can I do that in chennai?

Thanks AVI that is a point of view I was not thinking about. Assuming that I will go to Mumbai. Will it be possible to do the medical in chennai.

No Title

I think it is possible but to be very sure write an email to mumbai consulate and tell them that your home is in chennai and your application is with mumbai. Ask them if they will accept medical report from approved doctor of chennai consulate. That way you will have a written confirmation from consulate.

HTH

rekharajan

it will get delayed by a month in most cases or at max two months(if you are going to change your consulate) and one thing which you have to make sure is you can only switch consulates in india only to the juridction you belong to

Balaji

you cannot take medicals in the other town. you can take only under the consulate juridiction where you got the interview, because the other consulate hospitals will not accept your interview letter given in other juridiction

cp at singapore

hi gcseeker01,

Any improvement in your case. Do u got your interview date from Singapore?. I am also going to Singapore for my cp.

thanks