Need Help Please

Hubner sa

Registered Users (C)
I filled my 485 on my own and will be moving to another state and there fore will be changing sevice centers, what do I need to do to notify the ins of my move. Thanks for the help.:confused: :confused:

First thing you want to do is file a change of address with the Center your application is at.

As for getting your case transferred, I am fairly sure its not dependent on where you live rather where the company that you work for is headquartered so check on that first.

Also, if you are in the I-485 stage and are using AC21 to change jobs (which is why you may be moving) then you will need to send an employment letter and pay stubs informing INS of the change. This may prompt INS to transfer the case on their own accord.

I have not heard of anyone getting their case transferred to another center upon request. Transfers have been done by the officers themselves for whatever random reasonings they may have.

Hopefully someone who has gone through this before can give you a little more definitive information.

Welcome back p5nxp600

I assumed you were out for a while probabaly traveliing to Kenya as you had briefly mentioned sometime ago.

As you must have guessed thisngs are moving slowly at TSC.

Thanks for info.

P5nxp600 thank you for the quick reply. I have filed my 485 and have just received my EAD and it has been abot 230 days since filling. So I am going to just do a change of address and wait for an update from INS.:) :confused:

Do NOT transfer your case !!

I have used the portability clause to move to a different state, but was advised by my lawyer to avoid transfering the file as this would result in further delays and possibly even loss of documents..!!

What I have done is 2 things:
- sent a letter (through my lawyer) to my original service center informing them that I have moved to a different state and am still performing the same duties as before (not mentioning the portability clause at all) and requesting them to maintain jurisdiction over my case. Short and simple letter, not too much detail.

- sent a change of address form with the updated address.

Hope this helps