Need help, please on i485 filing question

gmdetroit

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am in very bad situation now and need help from anyone.

I am on L1 visa in US, my project got over, I didn't get any other project, so I took non paid leave from my company. Now, I need to file i485 as a spouse along with my husband. Can I file my i485 even if I am on non paid leave? Will there be a problem with no having paystubs for EAD or 485?

Thanks

I understand that GC is for a future job offer. So if you can get a letter from your employer saying that the job is available for you you can file i-485.
And if no progress on project you can change employers after 180 days provided new job is the same as the one on the lc

Hi,

I am in very bad situation now and need help from anyone.

I am on L1 visa in US, my project got over, I didn't get any other project, so I took non paid leave from my company. Now, I need to file i485 as a spouse along with my husband. Can I file my i485 even if I am on non paid leave? Will there be a problem with no having paystubs for EAD or 485?
So your spouse is a primary applicant? What status does he have now? The problem for you is you need to be in non immigrant status to file AOS. Consult a good lawyer before next step. Probably it will be good for you to change status to dependent (H4 or L2 depends on your spouse status) before filing I-485.