Need help on writing recommendation letter!

pw752bix

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,
Does anyone know how to write a recommendation letter to address that my research has the potential to become accepted as an industry standard and/or the potential to be put into production and development. Any idea on how I can address this is appreciated. Thank you!

pw752bix said:
Dear all,
Does anyone know how to write a recommendation letter to address that my research has the potential to become accepted as an industry standard and/or the potential to be put into production and development. Any idea on how I can address this is appreciated. Thank you!

Typically such recos dont make much of a dent with the CIS and the reason being is this: CIS is looking for prior demonstrable achievement and not some future potential benefit.

If your results are really that good then maybe you have a few papers published and maybe they are even cited. In this case, try getting a few recos from independent experts and ask them if they could include a few lines as to the potential of your results.

Secondly, try getting a couple of recos from some one senior to your immediate supervisor to give you a very very strong reco.

Maybe you have a patent pendig/awarded for your work. You can ask people to comment on the usefulness of the patent and how it benefits America.

good luck with your petition...

trojanblue

pw752bix said:
Dear all,

Well, it depends a lot on many factors
1.which category you are planning
2.what is your research area
3.how many acheivements you have related to particular qualification.

in general for OR
letter draft starts with
1.introduction of recommender.
2.in what capacity he is writing the letter
3.your acheivement which he got him influenced.
4.your acheivements with refernce to benfits to past present and future.
5.other related outstanding acehivements due to outstanding reserch like reviewer,awards, memberships.
6.trying to prove that you are 1-2% in your area
&
7.don't foget nations interest in general....even though it is criteria for NIW but its essence is essential for Eb1-Or too

Original RFE from Ins

Thanks for all the input! I am in NIW cat. I received the RFE which include the following two item, I don't know how to address because I don't have any research that has been accepted as industry standard and I have not received any grants/award. Can anyone help me how to address them.

Thank you in advance!

I. Provide documentation that any of your chemistry research or other initiatives have become accepted as an industry standard and that you have been credited for the development.

2. Other than research grants, travel grants, scholarships, and/or fellowships, provide evidence of significant awards that you have received as a result of your individual efforts, i.e., Nobel, Burger, etc. Awards should be accompanied by evidence that establishes the reputation of the organization granting the award, the significance of the award, and the criteria used to select the recipient

pw752bix said:
Thanks for all the input! I am in NIW cat. I received the RFE which include the following two item, I don't know how to address because I don't have any research that has been accepted as industry standard and I have not received any grants/award. Can anyone help me how to address them.

Thank you in advance!

I. Provide documentation that any of your chemistry research or other initiatives have become accepted as an industry standard and that you have been credited for the development.

2. Other than research grants, travel grants, scholarships, and/or fellowships, provide evidence of significant awards that you have received as a result of your individual efforts, i.e., Nobel, Burger, etc. Awards should be accompanied by evidence that establishes the reputation of the organization granting the award, the significance of the award, and the criteria used to select the recipient

It would be helpful if you tell us your quals and what exactly is given in your RFE. Having said that here are the answers to your questions.

1. Typically they are looking for patents and find our if they are being used somewhere. If you have a patent and is being used by your company, ask them to write you a letter on this issue. Otherwise, my points in the previous posts hold. I got letters which clearly stated that "...Dr. XXX is credited with the development of the product.....is being used in XXX industry". and
"Dr. XXX led the development of .....and this has resulted in patents.....this is being used by his company..." Get a few (3-4) independent letters if possible that can state this and you might be in good shape.

2. This is typical CIS BS. If you have a conference award show it along with the merits of the award. Get an independent reco to state this award and maybe a couple of lines on the importance of that award.

good luck

trojanblue