Need help on "we mailed you decision"

rockme

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus out there, I received an email from NSC about my pending I-485 on Sep'28th 2007 and it says " we mailed you a decision".

Can some one tell me or help me what this message means.

I filed AC21 after I changed my employer.

PD. June 13th 2002
Case : EB2
RD: May 15th 2006
Last time when I had infopass - case was pending due to background check.:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
No

No. Probs. My friend got same message in email. He got approved physical mail to home after 3 or 4 days of receiving the message.

Goold Luck!

Hi Gurus out there, I received an email from NSC about my pending I-485 on Sep'28th 2007 and it says " we mailed you a decision".

Can some one tell me or help me what this message means.

I filed AC21 after I changed my employer.

PD. June 13th 2002
Case : EB2
RD: May 15th 2006
Last time when I had infopass - case was pending due to background check.:mad:

This is standard lingu. Hopefully you will get the approval in a few days

Thank you all

Hi All, thanks for the information, I hope it is something positive, I'll keep this thread with updates as soon as I get, I'm yet to receive physical letter though.

Online status (via phone) message says "denial"

I called USCIS-NSC customer service center (1-800) # to find out what kind of message they have for my receipt # - it says "denial"...

Gurus out there I'm yet to receive the notice, but what kind of actions/steps I need to take.

My H1B with old employer just got expired, I don't want to be out of status. My current EAD is valid until may 2008, but question is will they revoke my EAD also?

How much of time I have, I heard/read that I'll have 30 days from the date of the message or letter received to file Motion to Re-open and Motion to appeal.

While I do MTR and MTA, will I be in the status or out of status?

What are my options, all your valuable comments/suggestions/advices are very important for me at this stage.

:confused:

I called USCIS-NSC customer service center (1-800) # to find out what kind of message they have for my receipt # - it says "denial"...

Gurus out there I'm yet to receive the notice, but what kind of actions/steps I need to take.

My H1B with old employer just got expired, I don't want to be out of status. My current EAD is valid until may 2008, but question is will they revoke my EAD also?

How much of time I have, I heard/read that I'll have 30 days from the date of the message or letter received to file Motion to Re-open and Motion to appeal.

While I do MTR and MTA, will I be in the status or out of status?

What are my options, all your valuable comments/suggestions/advices are very important for me at this stage.

can you think of something that may would have caused problem? did u get RFE for anything? coz its rare that straight denial comes without RFE.
were you out of status before

Never

I was never on out of status since day 1 of my stay here.

Just FYI: I had infopass apointment here, interesting thing is the folks over local office says they do not have the information in their system about denial (I mean reason).

They say the reason they are not seeing the reason is USCIS-NSC not delivered mail yet - so it is not in the mail system queue. If it is not in the mail queue they these gusy don't know the reason (what an answer right?).

Question#1: When does really my 30days time count starts. Is it from the time USCIS-NSC sends mail out or when I receive the mail?

Question#2: with in how many days from the day of H1B expiration one can file for renewal. My current H1B expired just 2 weeks back (on Sep'16th 2007). Heard some one saying that I can file for this with in 60 days from the day of expiration - just wondering if I have to file h1b renew to be on status in case MTR and MTA doesn't keep on status.:confused:

I'll keep you guys with updates as I was talking to couple of lawyers including Sheel Murthy and Rajiv Khanna.

Just FYI: I had infopass apointment here, interesting thing is the folks over local office says they do not have the information in their system about denial (I mean reason).

They say the reason they are not seeing the reason is USCIS-NSC not delivered mail yet - so it is not in the mail system queue. If it is not in the mail queue they these gusy don't know the reason (what an answer right?).

Question#1: When does really my 30days time count starts. Is it from the time USCIS-NSC sends mail out or when I receive the mail?

Question#2: with in how many days from the day of H1B expiration one can file for renewal. My current H1B expired just 2 weeks back (on Sep'16th 2007). Heard some one saying that I can file for this with in 60 days from the day of expiration - just wondering if I have to file h1b renew to be on status in case MTR and MTA doesn't keep on status.:confused:

I'll keep you guys with updates as I was talking to couple of lawyers including Sheel Murthy and Rajiv Khanna.

did you talk to your lawyer about the decision. lawyer normally gets an email version of decision.

can u please tell us your complete case details and when was it filed.

Hi Rockme
don't wait for any thing just contact your attorney and file MTR / Appeal
then u will be okay. I know this is pain but u do u r best and pray GOD..
thanks

Question: respond please ASAP

Question: When USCIS sends a denial notice, does the notice go to laywer only or it will go to the petinor also?
The reason why I'm asking when I changed my employer on AC21 I didn't give my new attorney information since I do not have one. If I want I can use my new employer immigration laywers.

Check out the forum for I-485 portability (AC21).....

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121

there have been tons of people on this forum with I-485 denials....due to change in employer....and later re-instated

Check out these users, eb2_gc_seeker , Positive4GC for history or info...

I would say - just be careful - do not assume that the message "we mailed you a decision" as I485 denial....unless you actually see the notice......but it's always good to be prepared....

In the meantime, you probably need to revoke your old G28 for old employer's lawyer and file a new G28 to be represented by a new lawyer...

Remember, in most cases your previous lawyer is the one who told your employer to revoke your I-140 and consequently to deny your I485 (AC21 scenarios).......So, your previous lawyer may be the one causing your I485 denial....AND IF YOU STILL EXPECT HIM TO SUPPORT YOU WITH I485 PETITION, you will be screwed!

Last edited by a moderator:

Q # 1) It might be a little fuzzy. It might be safer to assume the first date....i.e. the Notice Date on the notice sent to you......So, if USCIS issued you a notice on Oct 4th...and your lawyer (or you, not sure!) received the notice on Oct 10th.....so you might have to file the response by Nov 4th...

Q #2) I think you can file for renewal.....not sure about the exact dates....

Yep, if your I485 denial notice comes in, and you promptly reply to the notice within 30 days and there might be nothing for you to worry....Your 485 will get re-opened...

But, if you miss the notice and never respond within the 30 days....your 485 gets denied....and your EAD/AP automatically gets revoked...then you may have to file an MOTR to re-open your I485 and that MOTR may take like 30 days to 60 days to get accepted and re-open your I485.......so potentially you may be forced to not to work during those 60 days or so...

If you check the history of Positive4GC - you can see...

But, I would say - do not assume that this is a I485 denial....

If you are not sure, you can try one option - You can contact your local congressman/senator for info on your I485......If you are lucky, they may be able to tell you something more definitive than Infopass appointment or calling TSC/NSC...

Rockme,

There is a good possibility that your old employer has withdrawn your I140 when you changed the employment; sometimes denial happens by IO's mistake even if you have passed 180 days .
Answering to your other question about the denial notice; it goes to the attorney; in case if you have not informed USCIS about your new attorney, possibily it would go to your old attorney.
Stay calm and work to file MTR with a good attorney; its 30 days from the notice date they sent. But try to get the information gather asap. I beleive your new job is in the same/similar occupation; gather the new employment letter; documet which would prove you passed 180 days cap to file AC21 ETC.
Also, you may want to renew/file a H1 asap.
I wish you good luck in this challenging task.

Cheers!
SafeNH

Rockme,

There is a good possibility that your old employer has withdrawn your I140 when you changed the employment; sometimes denial happens by IO's mistake even if you have passed 180 days .
Answering to your other question about the denial notice; it goes to the attorney; in case if you have not informed USCIS about your new attorney, possibily it would go to your old attorney.
Stay calm and work to file MTR with a good attorney; its 30 days from the notice date they sent. But try to get the information gather asap. I beleive your new job is in the same/similar occupation; gather the new employment letter; documet which would prove you passed 180 days cap to file AC21 ETC.
Also, you may want to renew/file a H1 asap.
I wish you good luck in this challenging task.

Cheers!
SafeNH

remember - you only need to file MOTR if you missed the 30 day window...
Within the 30 days - you can just respond back to the notice , like any other RFE .....and have no out-of-status or gap issues!