need help moving to Us from canada

interceptor

Registered Users (C)
Ok heres my story i'm an american citizen with canadian and amercian citizenship i presently live in quebec and always have i have a social security card and am now wanting to move to the US where i have a half brother my common law wife and i arent legally married yet and was wondering what procedures i need to do in order to be able to move their and also how to find out if my ssc is still valid all your help is apreciated;)

interceptor said:
Ok heres my story i'm an american citizen with canadian and amercian citizenship i presently live in quebec and always have i have a social security card and am now wanting to move to the US where i have a half brother my common law wife and i arent legally married yet and was wondering what procedures i need to do in order to be able to move their and also how to find out if my ssc is still valid all your help is apreciated;)

If you are a US citizen, why do you need to know the "procedure" to move to the US? Do it any way you want - no one is going to stop you since u r a USC.

Your SSN never expires. Once issued, it is always valid..

ok i guess maybe i should have made my question a bit clearer hehe if thats the case then since my common law wife is just a canadian citizen can i bring her down there with me and my 2 sons and have her file for citizenship once she's down there? and how to i proceed through customs?

interceptor said:
ok i guess maybe i should have made my question a bit clearer hehe if thats the case then since my common law wife is just a canadian citizen can i bring her down there with me and my 2 sons and have her file for citizenship once she's down there? and how to i proceed through customs?

Hmmmm....Your common law partner will (most probably) have problems in accompanying you as your "spouse"...Because she will not be recognized as your wife as per the US immigration law (only married couples are recognized as a legal "spouse").

Even if you were a married couple, there is no way for her to get or apply for US citizenship - you would have to sponsor her for the US green card. You cannot even do that now, since you are not married.

another question i have also is where can i go here in montreal to get help filling out my passeport form and get my pictures at the same time?

Last edited by a moderator: