Need Help - Lay off/ Leave of absence

agupt

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My Company is having some funds problem - they want to keep me - but they do not have sufficient funds to pay me off right now - they have given me two choices - either to lay me off or to go on leave of absence for couple of months - what should i do - Right now it is difficult to find another job in the current market scenario.

If I go on Leave of Absence then is it safe to do so - will I be on status? During this period if I find another job (let say after a month of being on leave of absence) then will my case be considered as an H1B transfer case by INS or what?

I will really appreciate some sound advice from experts like jaxen or jim - I am very confused - and do not know what to do?

Please Help me
Thanks
Aakash

Regarding Paychecks

Thanks for the response.

I am right on Leave of Absence for 45 days and my employer has promised me to give me a paycheck after the end of 45 days. So if I decide to join another Company by that time - then will one paycheck be enough - or in other words how many paychecks do i need to get to still be in status and apply for H1b transfer after 45 days (i.e. how many days do i need to work after coming back form the leave of absence)

It will be great if you can help me on this