Need help: Job change during process

shritoons

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I recently joined new company, at the time of filing N-400 and fingerprinting I was with old company. My interview is scheduled in the next month, do I need to inform about the company change beforehand or mention it at the time of interview?

Please assist. Thanks in advance.

shriToons

shritoons said:
Hi all,

I recently joined new company, at the time of filing N-400 and fingerprinting I was with old company. My interview is scheduled in the next month, do I need to inform about the company change beforehand or mention it at the time of interview?

Please assist. Thanks in advance.

shriToons

Employment is not a requirement for N-400. However, before the interview, you will have time to update your application so you can put the details there.

No need to worry...

Employment criteria was for when applying for I-485, and then their was a bill passed by prez Clinton in 2000 allowing a person to move to another job or not have a job 6 months after filing I-485.

Once you get your GC, you are under no pressure for employment continuity. Employment is not a criteria for N-400, they just want to track if you really spent 5 years in the US or not. By saying that you live at a given address does not help them.

I wouldn't worry about it. I filed it when I didn't have a job, and I still don't have a job.

NoJob said:
Employment criteria was for when applying for I-485, and then their was a bill passed by prez Clinton in 2000 allowing a person to move to another job or not have a job 6 months after filing I-485.

Once you get your GC, you are under no pressure for employment continuity. Employment is not a criteria for N-400, they just want to track if you really spent 5 years in the US or not. By saying that you live at a given address does not help them.

I wouldn't worry about it. I filed it when I didn't have a job, and I still don't have a job.

Any news on your pending name check? How did you find out your name check was pending?

Re: pending name check

I called USCIS late last week, and it is still in the Name Check pending status. A nice rep indicated that since someone access my file, don't know who access, but someone did, hence that it is being worked on.

Since I'm going to mail N-600 forms to Chicago DO, I'm thinking perhaps it makes sense to schedule an InfoPass, and at the same time deliver the apps to them. Kill 2 birds with one stone! In that case, I'd do it for Friday, as I'm already going to the loop that day.