need help in TSE

lona

Registered Users (C)
Hello
I have registered to take the TSE (test of spoken English exam) as it has been requested from me through my application to the Graduate school (pharmaceutics) . how can I prepare for that test since I do not deal so much with Americans from whom I can learn.
what is the best and fastest way
how the exam is scored? what should I take into consideration while prparing for it?
thank you

Tse

Hey lona

TSE does not really have any study material. Its simply practising your figure of speech in English.
My advice is to record your voice on a recorder and play to hear yourself and pick on what you need to work on./
you said you dont have much contact with American people however all you need is English speaking people to talk to.
If you want you can talk to me.

main points for TSE.
Dont speak too fast. Speak at a normal pace and speak clearly so that the examiner listenting to the recorded tape can understand you .
Dont worry about accent. we never have to fake an American accent. all they need is to know you can communicate effectively.

If you want to learn about the format of the TSE exam..go to tse.com or go to a website of TOEFL and that usually describes the TSE too.
I have done the TSE and it was fine. the score to pass is 50.
let me know if you need any other infor.
satheeya

help inTSE

thank you for your reply
you said I have to speak slowly. I know that the exam is timed . If I did not finish answering the question on time do I still score good?
My accent is excellent bec I was born here and left after 7 years that's why I forgot the language but I still have very good accent.

Tse

yes we get about a minute for each question. So practise on your recorder to answer questions and time yourself and replay to see how it sounds.
As long as you can understand yourself you are good.

its even better that you have the accent still. that will be helpful to you .

questions are based on looking at 4 pictures and briefly explaining what the story is ?
you have a situation at work that requires you to handle a dissatisfied client how would you handle it?

you have to call a client and you get her voicebox ...how would you leave a message on your voicemail?
etc etc

good luck for youe exam. hope these tips help you get the full score