Need help in applying for B1 Visa

Prash8884

Hi All.

Iam about to attend for a B1 Visa interview at U.S. Consulate in India- Chennai, Im in the process of filling the DS-160 form.
Could you please help me with the below scenario of getting the B1 Visa possibility:

Having a DUI offense(Only once) in the state of Texas in the year 2008 (5 years old) when I'm having H1B visa. Really not sure of the DUI case status as on date. After that in 2009 my H1B visa got expired and did'nt get chance to travel back to USA. In the year 2010, I have re-applied for B1 Visa and it was on "On-hold", as i have provided my DUI case details. U.S Consulate has asked for more details on the case which I don't have.

Now in 2014 my employer wants me to travel to Orlando with B1 Visa. Im really not sure if I would get a B1 visa. Would really appreciate if you can clarify the below points.

1. Within the DS-160 form, Can i specify about my DUI case? (Under criminal records column)
2. Not Sure to tick (Yes/No) under the criminal records column.
2. If B1 Visa is granted, Will there be any issue/risk at the POE?

Even though it was a minor DUI case with no casualities involved, I'm really worried... Can you please guide me if anyone has faced this type of situations..

Thanks
Prash

A1: You were arrested for the DUI, right? Then you need to mention your arrest. What was the outcome? Were you convicted?
A2: See above.
A3: The visa only allows you to approach a POE for entry. The admitting officer at the POE has final say whether to grant entry or not.