Need Help: I485 filed in December 2001 - Still pending

rajeevgupta

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Can anyone give me some advice on what should I do about my case? I filed my 485 in December 2001 and my status is still pending. When I called for status, I got the response that my file is "pending detailed review".

For background purposes, I changed my employer (filed for porability) in August 2003, almost 1.5 year after filing my 485. I have recieved total of 3 finger printing requests so far, with last one in Feb 2005. I also filed my wife's 485 in February 2003, which is also pending.

Thanks,
Rajeev

Last edited by a moderator:
you can ask senator or congressman to send an inquire to fbi about your name check. Just to make sure that 1) it was initiated by INS, 2)pending or finished, 3) if finished, when the result was sent back to CIS (the name changed during these years)

if name check has never been initaited, send a letter to ombudsman. He will make them to initiate it.

if name check is pending, you can't do anything, just wait

if name check has been finished and results were forwarded to CIS, again, send a letter to ombudsman. He will make them to adjudicate your case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks dima66a for suggestions. But I have no idea on how do I go about contacting a senator or congressman? And who is ombudsman? How can I contact him?

Thanks,
Rajeev

Rajeev,

This forum has a wealth of information about the campaigns that were started and participated by many members especially by Kashmir. Visit the Sticky thread. You can take the text from there, but will have to modify for your request.

Below is the thread for the campaign to email Ombudsman
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=116932

Ombudsman email : Prakash.Khatri@dhs.gov

Here is another link from this very site http://www.immigration.com/improving_immigration/cisombudsman.html .

To check who the senator from your state go to senate.gov

Hope this helps.

Thanks sgi. I have sent an email to ombudsman and a letter to senetor Barbara Boxer. Let's see how it goes.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks dima and sgi for your suggestions.
Rajeev

Hi, rajeevgupta :

I am new comer in this community. After I read your posts, I think we are in the same situation: I called the 1800 375-5283 many times and I got a letter said that my case is pending review and undergoing system check. I do not know any thing about the name check.

I am wondering how you know the result of the name check. Did you send email to FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov for name check information?
thanks.

Vin

They may lost our files.

My case is on Feb 2002. I got the same response last Nov. when I sent inquery. Then, my case got transferred to SFO on last Dec. I got interview on Mar. this year. The officer didn't approve my case because she only received T-files (Temporary files, copies of A-files). She said she has to collect all A-files (application files) before approving my case no matter how long ago the application files were (The A-files she didn't receive was the I140 application files my previous company filed for me 5 years ago. But I started over everthing again when I changed my job 4 years ago).

I asked the officer during the interview if my case or (A-files) was under "name check" or "security check". She said there was no record indicating that. She said she had no idea why the service center didn't send the A-files. She sent a request for the A-files to the service center after interview but there is no response so far. As far as how long it will take, she had no comment. But she said she would not approve it as long as she didn't get the A-files.

I guess the "detail review" or "system check" may not mean "security check". So, the server center may put your status as "detail review" because they lost/trashed your files.

I told her that I had every single document in my attoney and I can resubmit anything they wanted or lost. but she said she only need those we submited 5 years ago. She had to track down even it took forever.

sshen said:
My case is on Feb 2002. I got the same response last Nov. when I sent inquery. Then, my case got transferred to SFO on last Dec. I got interview on Mar. this year. The officer didn't approve my case because she only received T-files (Temporary files, copies of A-files). She said she has to collect all A-files (application files) before approving my case no matter how long ago the application files were (The A-files she didn't receive was the I140 application files my previous company filed for me 5 years ago. But I started over everthing again when I changed my job 4 years ago).

I asked the officer during the interview if my case or (A-files) was under "name check" or "security check". She said there was no record indicating that. She said she had no idea why the service center didn't send the A-files. She sent a request for the A-files to the service center after interview but there is no response so far. As far as how long it will take, she had no comment. But she said she would not approve it as long as she didn't get the A-files.

I guess the "detail review" or "system check" may not mean "security check". So, the server center may put your status as "detail review" because they lost/trashed your files.

I told her that I had every single document in my attoney and I can resubmit anything they wanted or lost. but she said she only need those we submited 5 years ago. She had to track down even it took forever.

What a scary story. Is there any chance to file a lawsuit against them.

Nov. 2001 case approved.

RD: Nov. 21, 2001 (WAC02-046-5xxxx)

Name check took over two years to complete. My name is very common, short, confusing, and first name could also be last name, last could also be first etc.

The employer attorney has not been helpful. I worked with a congressman's assistant on immigration to inquiry case status. She has been my saver.

2nd FP done 3/2/05, approved 4/21/05.

May your case be approved soon. I totally understand your frustration. Stay positive, it will come very soon.

congrats

ImmigrateMe said:
RD: Nov. 21, 2001 (WAC02-046-5xxxx)

Name check took over two years to complete. My name is very common, short, confusing, and first name could also be last name, last could also be first etc.

The employer attorney has not been helpful. I worked with a congressman's assistant on immigration to inquiry case status. She has been my saver.

2nd FP done 3/2/05, approved 4/21/05.

May your case be approved soon. I totally understand your frustration. Stay positive, it will come very soon.
Enjoy your freedom Immigrateme! Can you please tell us whether your 2nd FP was biometrics?
Baywatcher

ImmigrateMe,

Congratulations on your approval. Its a long wait...But I am sure you must be happy that its all over now. Enjoy your post GC life.

baywatcher said:
Enjoy your freedom Immigrateme! Can you please tell us whether your 2nd FP was biometrics?
Baywatcher

Yes, the second FP notice has the term "biometrics" in it. They took all ten fingers, palm, digital photo and signatures.

The congressman's assistant told me this morning that I should receive the plastic card in the mail in 15 days. I guess I don't need to stamp the passport. They will use the digital photo at the biometrics. If I had known that, I would have fix my hire better. I look bad in biometrics photo.

Congrats! Immigrateme!

Congrats! Immigrateme! You deserve the freedom.

Is the street name "Cambria"? :)