need help I-485 issue...fired before 180 days period !!!

Ti Jiang

Registered Users (C)
My 485 filing dates are : RD Aug 07 2001, ND Sep 27th 2001. I was fired by my consulting company on 3rd Jan 2002 (aftert 150 days from my RD). Last paycheck from the current employer was 15th Jan 2002. no FP yet !!!

Luckily I have a EAD, I used MY EAD to join another consulting company and they helped me to find a client. I have joined this new consulting company on 13th Feb 2002 ( after 6 months time) : same position, more salary but at a different location !!! I am required to move down from Delaware to Virginia. I am planning to move my family down here by the end of March 2002.

My questions : 1. How does it affect my GC Processing ??
                      2. I am close to getting notice for FP, should I wait until I get FP notice and then inform INS about my address change or should I do my address change right away without waiting for FP notice ???

The only plus point I see here is my previous Consulting company\'s attorney is still handling my case !!! I sent an e-mail to this lawyer couple of days back about my new job, re-location etc.. and still waiting on her reply.

Any similar cases, any of you came across so far ?? any help from you folks is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

My 2 cents...

I guess you should move to new place. As the same lawyer is handling the case, he would get the FP notice and once you get that you can do the FP in virginia...

Co-worker Story

Once of my co-worker was about to lay-off after 165 (around). He requested my employer to allow him till 180 days. But my employer asked him to go on "leave of absence" and gave him letter after 180. Actually, Lawyer gave this idea to employer and co-worker. This will allow him to apply for AC 21 in case there is a problem at later stage. You better talk to your lawyer or try and get a lay-off letter from your previous employer after 180 days.

you are fine. not not warry about it.

AC21 does not say you must stay with the same company for 180 days. it also did not say you have to have a job. Many cases like yours have been approved as posted on this board. Relax!

fired before 180 days

Thanks for your reply.. I guess i will go a head and ask my lawyer to submit the address change request to INS.

No Title

Thanks for your reply.. I think i will go a head and ask my lawyer to submit the address change request to INS before moving to new location..

I485 filing after employer changed

I had filed for I140 thru my previous employer and had to change my employer after that. Also my H1B visa with old employer has expired. Now I140 is approved and my previous employer is willing to sponsor thru the GC. Will there be any problem if I continue filing my I485 ? Please advise.

Thanks.