Need help...friends...birth certificate question.....

485ND0921

Registered Users (C)
Hi! Guys....

Could any of you share your experience on the following:

While filing the I-485....we did not have the birth certificate for my wife...so we submitted 2 sworn affidavits from her parents.....
Now I came to know that you need to submit a non-availability certificate along with that...

My question is would that generate a RFE? just for my wife or will my case be delayed too?...also in case rfe is generated could we submit her birth certificate now...as we have finally managed to get it from India?.....Does anyone have any experience or knows about a similar case......

I would greatly appreciate if you could post any information that is helpful.....

Thanks in advance....

It might generate RFE

But you can be pro-active and ask your lawyer to submit the Non-availability certificate. I think they will refer your EAC number and file.

thanks dont care...but....

do you think it would be better to submit the non availablity certificate or the actual birth certificate(which we have finally managed to get after a lot of hassle)......

please could anyone help with their suggestions/experience....

thanks a lot.....

ask your lawyer

Hi 485ND0921,

Ask your lawyer. If you have submitted affidavits saying that birth certificate is not avaialable, it may be better to submit non availability certificate since otherwise the birth certificate will contradict the affidavits. Anyway, consult your lawyer before proceeding.

RFE question

I got RFE for the evidence of status during mid 99 to mid 2000. I was working for company A and then B during that time. My I-485 filing did not include these two company\'s H-1B papers. My question is: do I have to include the employer letter from company A and B? Or just H-1B copies are enough?

Thanks for sharing your opinion and experience.

Detail: PD 09/99, RD 02/01, ND 02/01, FD 06/01