• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

need help for police record

leawe

hi all,
im winner with case number 7800 chargability from kuwait
during my education i studied in egypt for 2 yrs then transferred to north cyprus for 3 yrs and i got my Bsc
now when i applied last june for police record from egypt i recieved it last august and it was issued in july with validity of 3 month... which mean its about to expire now
while for north cyprus when i got it.. it was not mention the validity
the thing is i dont know when is my time of interview so i can have the record with the validity date
i ve already sent my DS260 1st of june

Your interview won't be until June or July at the earliest. An "old" police cert i's often acceptable IF you have not been back to the country in question since the cert was produced. However, if you have time to wait, get a new one.

thanks alot Brit... well yea im not planning to go there at least till the interview time
but i will re-aply again in april since may interview maybe in june.. just incase

From the US Visas website: https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html

Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:
  • You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.