Need help for Police Clearnace Certificate

bhaskargara

Registered Users (C)
Hi guru's,

My I-140 got approved recently. My attorney is filing case with NVC. i filled the DS 230 form and given to attorney. my Attoryney saying that with out Police clearance Certificate he can't file the case in NVC.

As i know we can file, the case without Police clearance Certificate and when we go to india we have to take the Police clearance Certificate. am i correct ? If i am correct please let me know link for that information, so that i can show it to the attoryney.

Thanks you in advance
Bhaskar

Originally posted by bhaskargara
Hi guru's,

My I-140 got approved recently. My attorney is filing case with NVC. i filled the DS 230 form and given to attorney. my Attoryney saying that with out Police clearance Certificate he can't file the case in NVC.

As i know we can file, the case without Police clearance Certificate and when we go to india we have to take the Police clearance Certificate. am i correct ? If i am correct please let me know link for that information, so that i can show it to the attoryney.

Thanks you in advance
Bhaskar

You are right if your consulate in in India and there is no specific
request by the NVC to submit the PCC along with Packet 3.

Sometimes the attorneys play safe and submit the packet 3 only
after they see all the required documents themselves. If this is the case you have to talk to your attorney and assure them that you would be ready with all the papers when it is time for the interview!

You don't need any link. The covering letter that comes with the
Packet 3 clearely mentions (with the exception as stated in first para) that the documents need not be sent.
with it.

Raju

Hi Raju,

Thanks for your response, Is DS 230 is packet 3 ? This is the first package i got from my lawyer after my I-140 approval. Second thing is i am not able to convence my lawyer. It takes 45 days to get the PCC. so lets wait.......

-Bhaskar

Originally posted by bhaskargara
Hi Raju,

Thanks for your response, Is DS 230 is packet 3 ? This is the first package i got from my lawyer after my I-140 approval. Second thing is i am not able to convence my lawyer. It takes 45 days to get the PCC. so lets wait.......

-Bhaskar

Yes! Packet 3 in it's very basic form means only DS 230 Part I.

If the attorney is not convinced then there is nothing you can
do than produce the documents to appease him/her.

You can actually do without an attorney if you want to pursue
that action!

Raju

Hello Bhaskar,

Yes its true that the P3 info packet states you do not need the PCC at the time of filing P3.

In my case however, after filing the P3, NVC requested additional evidence, mainly my marriage cert and PCC.

My suggestion to you is, you are better off sending your PCC alongwith your P3. Typically the consulate takes about 1 week to issue that, so you are at the most looking at a delay of about 1-2 weeks.

If you take the path of sending the P3 w/o the PCC and hypothetically speak if the NVC RFEs you to for the same, then the chances are that your case will not be reviewed until the entire 8 weeks have passed. Atleast thats what happened to me.
(You can read up the 'P3 takes too long' thread to read more info on my case)

I hope this helps you in making your decision

Regards O

If the cover letter in packet 3 does not specifically ask for
the PCC or any other document, then do not send it!

From what is posted, I see this as a case where the attorney
wants to make sure that the candidate does have all necessry
documents before they send out the packet 3.

Raju

No extra docs necessary

Consulates have started issuing form DS-2001 (not sure what the old form # is; OF-169 i think) that has a checklist of items for anyone getting ready for consular interview. PCC is part of that list. The form says "do not send documents unless requested to do so". The items on the list pertaining to your case shuold be kept ready for interview. This is as clear as it gets.

My 2 cents: include docs. people have mentioned in this forum and ignore the rest. I sent AC140 application recently to Mumbai and did not send PCC with it. I will let you guys know if consulate reponds with a request for PCC.

KAT02.

Originally posted by ora8
Hello Bhaskar,

Yes its true that the P3 info packet states you do not need the PCC at the time of filing P3.

In my case however, after filing the P3, NVC requested additional evidence, mainly my marriage cert and PCC.

My suggestion to you is, you are better off sending your PCC alongwith your P3. Typically the consulate takes about 1 week to issue that, so you are at the most looking at a delay of about 1-2 weeks.

If you take the path of sending the P3 w/o the PCC and hypothetically speak if the NVC RFEs you to for the same, then the chances are that your case will not be reviewed until the entire 8 weeks have passed. Atleast thats what happened to me.
(You can read up the 'P3 takes too long' thread to read more info on my case)

I hope this helps you in making your decision

Regards O

Hi Ora8,

How many day's did it take for you to get the PCC ?

-Bhaskar

PCC from Local Indian Consulate....

It is the experience of several hundreds of candidates, that the
PCC from the local Indian Consulate/Embassy takes anything
from 40 to 45 days.

The exception to this is, those cases, where the passport has
been issued by the Consulate themselves. In such cases it
is 3 to 5 days turn around time.

Raju