Need help for filing Family based immigration

growinsky

Hi,
Can someone suggest or recommend a attorney for myself for filing the family based immigration.
So far the attorneys I contacted were very pricey not sure on the services.
Can someone please help.
Any details on the procedures are also appreciated.
Thanks

have you thought about filing it yourself?

I filed my wifes I485 and I130 myself(Im a USC).wasnt too bad.

cheers

growinsky said:
Hi,
Can someone suggest or recommend a attorney for myself for filing the family based immigration.
So far the attorneys I contacted were very pricey not sure on the services.
Can someone please help.
Any details on the procedures are also appreciated.
Thanks

if your case is simple, do it yourself. Visit this site to find out examples of the actual forms, www.visajourney.com

Once there, on the top, click on "EXAMPLE FORMS", you will see how and what to fill out. Good luck.

yeah if it is straightforward you can file it yourself

you can get all the forms form the uscis website.

you can ask any of us for help in filling out the forms or call the 800 number and wait for god knows how long. :mad:

also if you are missing anything in the app, CIS will let you know....trust me!! :D

Thanks to all

Thanks to one and all for all the rpelies that have been posted and to be frank they were really helpful.
I have straight forward filing except for the fact that I'm on my 7th year extension on H1-B visa and having doubts on how it will play if I shift the company as my current company is doing my greencard.
I got a offer from new company and they said they are going to file for H1 but now, becuase of my 7th year on H1, I want to know how this family based filing will help me.
Thanks

it also depends on what family member is sponsoring you

if it is your spouse then by all means do it.

if it is a sibling then that will take a while and you are probably better off sticking with the job you are at