Need help decoding IIO\'s cryptic responses

VA Telugodu

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

My details are: EB2;India;PD 9/97; RD 4/99; ND 5/99; EAC-99-174-xxxx;
FP 3/00; Waiting to hear from INS (These details are already in crazyboy\'s spreadsheet)

Encouraged by the news of many approvals for 6/99 and 7/99 ND\'s, I decided to call VSC
and see where my case stands. All the IIO says is that my case is pending, and that I
would hear something from them within 4-6 weeks. I pressed him to tell me if \'pending\'
means it is being processed, or if it is lying there, gathering dust. But he says he\'s not
allowed to tell me any further.

Now, I heard some folks on this site say that their case is \'with an officer\'. How do
these folks know this? Is that any different from \'pending\'? Should I be worried that my
case is just \'pending\', but not \'with an officer\'?

Any thoughts on this are welcome..

Cheers,

VA Telugodu

No Title

I am in the same boat as you. RD/ND March 99. 3 weeks back an IIO said the case is under review, and it will take 2/3 weeks to get approved. I called in 2 weeks and another IIO said that it is still under reveiw (I don\'t know what they actally do during the review process. Let us hope we get an approval before the end of August (i heard that they might clear all Aug 99 cases before august 00.

VG

No Title

vijay goll:

I would have been pleased if the IIO said my case was under review. His line was "it is pending".
So I am struggling with the interpretation of "pending" -vs- "under review" -vs- "with an officer".

Cheers.

VA Telugodu