Need help. applying for F1 soon

detailmore

Hi,

I will be booking for an interview for a F-1 visa so I can study in the US.
I am wondering how I should emphasize ties to my community. (Japan)

I was born here, lived here for 9 years
moved to Taiwan because of my dad's job (lived there for 8 years)

I graduated high school from an international school with satisfactory grades.

Now i just came back to japan and was getting my documents etc.

I live with my dad and my mom is studing in Taiwan. I am 18 years old so does my dad having permanat residency and a full time job be enough for "ties to the community"? I never had a job or anything so I can't get a letter from an employer.
(both parents japanese)

I will be majoring in accounting but i need to explain advantages for studing in US rather than in Japan.

All comments greatly appreciated.

When I applied for a visa I did not submit any documentation to prove my ties to the community. In fact, my parents passed away 2 years before, so I actually didn't have anything or anyone holding me back. All they did was ask me some questions about school like what state it's in and where I'd be living and what I'd be studying and all that.
That's just how it was for me - I'm not saying it's going to happen exactly the same way for you.
As for the advantages of studying in the US rather than in Japan I think number one is learning English. There's no better way to learn English than living for several years in an english-speaking country. Why do you need English? Because you want a good job that has to do with something you like (accounting), and you can get it in one of the many companies in Japan that are either foreign or that do business with foreign companies, and that, therefore, require knowledge of English from their employees. I don't know...something like that. The other advantage could be a great cultural experience.

Also, I have no idea how much it costs to study in Japan and what school exactly you want to attend in the US. So, if the US school is cheaper, you could mention that studying in the US is better money wise.

If your parents have any kind of property in Japan, you can show that as proof that you will go back to Japan.