Need Help: Address Change Issue -I485 Approved..!!

souman_gc

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I moved to new place on 7th June, 04 and sent my AR11 form on 15th June, 2004. On the same day, I called to USCIS customer service and informed my address change and requested to update all my pending cases including I485. I was not able to tell my Alien number during phone call. I did not recall my alien number at that time. But, I told them all correct EAC numbers for all my pending cases.

My I485 approved on June 30, 2004. Today is July 15th, 2004. Still I did not get the confirmation notice of my approved I485 :( .

Is any one can help me what should I do next? I need this ASAP.

Thanks in advance for helping me.

Last edited by a moderator:
souman_gc said:
Gurus,

I moved to new place on 7th June, 04 and sent my AR11 form on 15th June, 2004. On the same day, I called to USCIS customer service and informed my address change and requested to update all my pending cases including I485. I was not able to tell my Alien number during phone call. I did not recall my alien number at that time. But, I told them all correct EAC numbers for all my pending cases.

My I485 approved on June 30, 2004. Today is July 15th, 2004. Still I did not get the confirmation notice of my approved I485 :( .

Sevices centers are lousy in updating addresses. Who applied your Ii-485? Your lawyer or yourself? If it was your lawyer, he/she should have received a approval notice. If you applied yourself, call/fax your service center again, make sure if they sent the notice to your new address.

souman_gc said:
Gurus,

Hi Souman,

I talked to a staff member at the USCIS last month about changes of addresses and pending cases. Filing AR-11 does NOT change the address that the Service Center has on file for you. You need to separately update your address with the Service Center. You can do this 2 different ways:

1 - By phone IF you have ALL information they require off hand when you call them.

2 - Filing a different form that's on http://immigration.gov . I forgot the name of the form, but it does have a letter in it referencing the service center (V for Vermont, etc.)

I agree with the previous response that if you lawyer filed I-485, he or she will get your approval notice.

souman_gc said:
Gurus,

Your attorney will get the approval notice. You can go to local office and tell them what happened. Go with printed copy of Internet status and receipt. Most probably they will stamp your passport.

This is really surprised me....!!!!

Hi Gurus,

Thanks to all of you who replied to my post. I decided to call USCIS 1 more time to verify my change of address yesterday (7-16-04). As I told you guys that I already called to USCIS to change my address before my I485 approved, this is my 2nd phone call to USCIS within 2 months.

She told me that I have to wait usually 30 days to get approval notice since the date of my I485 is approved. She was suggesting me to change address one more time as she does not have authority to check/verify whether my address is changed in the system or not. I have chosen that. Guess what, as soon she opened my record my address did not change since last time I called them (1 month ago from now).

She took all my info one more time (A#, all pending Case numbers, my old address, my new address, I485 Receive date, approval date etc.). I requested her to update my wife's information. She just took her I485 case number only. I asked her whether I should provide my wife's detail information or not. She said: “Not needed”. She asked me to confirm that we both are living in same address or not. My answer was yes. She said we are fine now and we will receive a change of address notice within 30 days from yesterday. Hopefully, who knows....!!! :confused:

One the same day evening, I received only my I485 approval-notice in different envelope. I opened and I found that a letter with AR11 form requesting to fill up and to send which I did already. And, another USCIS envelope (it was open) with courtesy copy of my I485 approval notice. Both the envelope is seal marked with the same date of posting (12th July, 04). That means postal service inside the USCIS took initiative to send this paper to my correct new address. Even, my case is still holding my previous address. My old address is written on I485 approval. And new address is written on the envelope that I received.

Now, I have to wait for my wife's approval.... :(

Will a lawyer actually receive our approval notice? My lawyer told me that the approval notice only send us, not him. Can any one verify this with me? I'm planning to move soon and still pending for the approval.

Thanks.

tammy2 said:
Your attorney will get the approval notice. You can go to local office and tell them what happened. Go with printed copy of Internet status and receipt. Most probably they will stamp your passport.[/QUOTE

The same happened to me, but it was my wife who received the approval notice with the new address written on the envelope and me still waiting hoping my address has been/will be changed correctly.

I was unfortunate to call them on the same day I've been approved but didn't know that until the next morning when the case status online has changed. Had I known that, I would have wait to change to the new address for a while as I had forwarding arrangements with the postal office.

I didn't use an attorney so this is my only chance to get the approval notice.

Does anybody know what I will get after 30 or so days - a) a notice informing me of change of address or, b) the approval notice. My ultimate wait is for (b) ofcourse

souman_gc said:
Hi Gurus,

Thanks to all of you who replied to my post. I decided to call USCIS 1 more time to verify my change of address yesterday (7-16-04). As I told you guys that I already called to USCIS to change my address before my I485 approved, this is my 2nd phone call to USCIS within 2 months.

She told me that I have to wait usually 30 days to get approval notice since the date of my I485 is approved. She was suggesting me to change address one more time as she does not have authority to check/verify whether my address is changed in the system or not. I have chosen that. Guess what, as soon she opened my record my address did not change since last time I called them (1 month ago from now).

She took all my info one more time (A#, all pending Case numbers, my old address, my new address, I485 Receive date, approval date etc.). I requested her to update my wife's information. She just took her I485 case number only. I asked her whether I should provide my wife's detail information or not. She said: “Not needed”. She asked me to confirm that we both are living in same address or not. My answer was yes. She said we are fine now and we will receive a change of address notice within 30 days from yesterday. Hopefully, who knows....!!! :confused:

One the same day evening, I received only my I485 approval-notice in different envelope. I opened and I found that a letter with AR11 form requesting to fill up and to send which I did already. And, another USCIS envelope (it was open) with courtesy copy of my I485 approval notice. Both the envelope is seal marked with the same date of posting (12th July, 04). That means postal service inside the USCIS took initiative to send this paper to my correct new address. Even, my case is still holding my previous address. My old address is written on I485 approval. And new address is written on the envelope that I received.

Now, I have to wait for my wife's approval.... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife got her approval noitice today...!

Hi All,
My wife got her approval notice (courtesy copy) today... :)

Chudor,
You will get a confirmation notice from USCIS service center to your new address after 15 to 18 days from the day you made phone call to USCIS to inform that you have changed your address. It is clearly written that if you did not send the AR11 form already, the address change will not be fully complete.

If you already send the AR11 form 1 week back from your calling date of USCIS, you can expect another postal envelope from USCIS to your new address within 20 days from the date you made phone call to USCIS. This is not an as usual envelope of USCIS. This envelope will contain your Approval notice envelope with approval notice inside :) + a letter requesting to send your AR11 form. On the other side of the letter, the AR11 form is printed.

My wife called to USCIS 1 week after I called to USCIS regarding address change. We both sent AR11 form on the same day. So the calculation is proven for us. Hope it will work for you as well. Wish you good luck.

Please let me know if you want to know more.

Congratulations to both of you and thanks for sharing your experience.
It is helpful.

PS: AR11 were sent 2 months ago, I simply had assumed it will automatically change my pending applications addresses as well.
Silly me.

souman_gc said:
Hi All,
My wife got her approval notice (courtesy copy) today... :)

Chudor,
You will get a confirmation notice from USCIS service center to your new address after 15 to 18 days from the day you made phone call to USCIS to inform that you have changed your address. It is clearly written that if you did not send the AR11 form already, the address change will not be fully complete.

If you already send the AR11 form 1 week back from your calling date of USCIS, you can expect another postal envelope from USCIS to your new address within 20 days from the date you made phone call to USCIS. This is not an as usual envelope of USCIS. This envelope will contain your Approval notice envelope with approval notice inside :) + a letter requesting to send your AR11 form. On the other side of the letter, the AR11 form is printed.

My wife called to USCIS 1 week after I called to USCIS regarding address change. We both sent AR11 form on the same day. So the calculation is proven for us. Hope it will work for you as well. Wish you good luck.

Please let me know if you want to know more.