Need Employment Verification for filing I140?

js_is

Filed Labor in 2003 with EB3 (BS degree), previous lawyer added my past part time work experience in the application. My labor is approved, lawyer has changed and I'm currently preparing for I140.

Current lawyer asks for employment verification for the past work experience in supporting the Labor application, and says I140 cannot be filed without it. But I can't get it now. Is it really so important? What are the chances of getting through without the verification letter?

My lawyer suggests that I re-file Labor with PERM and lose my 2003 priority date. sign!

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does your 2003 Labor require any experience? Is your past part time work experience required by this LC or it's not relevant?

js_is said:
Filed Labor in 2003 with EB3 (BS degree), previous lawyer added my past part time work experience in the application. My labor is approved, lawyer has changed and I'm currently preparing for I140.

Current lawyer asks for employment verification for the past work experience in supporting the Labor application, and says I140 cannot be filed without it. But I can't get it now. Is it really so important? What are the chances of getting through without the verification letter?

My lawyer suggests that I re-file Labor with PERM and lose my 2003 priority date. sign!

Any help is appreciated!

I don't think the work experience was required when filing Labor in 2003. Since the Labor was filed by a previous lawyer that I couldn't find now, my currently lawyer says that the reason this work experience was list in the application might be just to make my EB3 application look a little better and have a better chance to get approved.

If you still have a copy of the advertisement that was published for your 2003 LC, does it say how many years of exp are required?

js_is said:
I don't think the work experience was required when filing Labor in 2003. Since the Labor was filed by a previous lawyer that I couldn't find now, my currently lawyer says that the reason this work experience was list in the application might be just to make my EB3 application look a little better and have a better chance to get approved.

Not sure if I could find that, but assuming the worse here that the Ad did say 2 years of experience was required, does it mean that I'd have no chance of get through I140 without the verification? I was told that after Labor is approved, I don't need to prove my work experience anymore.