Need Desperate help!!

despo_help

Need urgent advice

I took a substitute labour and filed for concurrent I140 /I485 in 2007 open rush.

My employer gave me my I140 receipt number after my persistent requests, after a while 2-3 mos , That I140 got approved.After about 6 Mos I got a new Job offer from a big Organisation and I changed jobs and started working on EAD.My old employer was not very pleased with this.
My new employer filed for AC21 and then all hell broke loose.
USCIS called my new employers attorney and informed that the I140 receipt I provided does not belog to me and it belogs to some one else filed by my previous employer and they also gave a new receipt number for the I140 which belongs to me.On checking the status of this new I140 it shows up as denied on Sept 29'09,but my I485 is still in the pending state.What do I do now?Please advice.
I called my old employer to check, he insists that what ever receipt Number he gave is the correct one and thats what he got from the attorney, and he is not willing to help me any more than that.

Do you think there could have been a mistake at the USCIS?or my previous emp purposfully screwed me?
How long does it usually take for I485 to get deniaed from the date of I140 denial?
I still have about 2.5 yrs of my H1 time left, Can I go back to my H1?Do you see any issues?

I am in need of desperate help!!

What forum gurus think about my case?

1. PhD from Europe 2006 (not from the top one, blah-blah State University).
2. Currently a postdoc at US University. Pharmacy/Medicine.
3. a) 45 papers in peer-review journals.
b) 11 first authored/Co first authored
c) 30 abstracts in national/international meetings.
4. 120+ citations.
5. Memberships in different societies requires PhD degrees and atleast two nominations
6. Two best poster awards in Conferences....
7. Reviewer for 8 Journals and reviewed 10 papers.
8. Three invitations to submit my research articles