Need Cover letter for correcting errors on EAD

I also made an error on my i-765: i checked renewal instead of "new application" since my wife changed visa status : from L2 to E2.
Yesterday, the check was cashed and my status is now pending.

We don't know what will happen. In the past, we already did a mistake, we had our status pending for 6 month... My wife went to local office every single friday to see if they could do something...

I also made an error on my i-765: i checked renewal instead of "new application" since my wife changed visa status : from L2 to E2.
Yesterday, the check was cashed and my status is now pending.

We don't know what will happen. In the past, we already did a mistake, we had our status pending for 6 month... My wife went to local office every single friday to see if they could do something...

You're overreacting - if the mistake is simply checking the wrong box as you mentioned, that's not something USCIS is going to give you trouble about. The officer should easily be able to tell that it's a different category based on the evidence you sent. Did you enter the correct code on the application? (C) (x) (x) or (A) (x) (x) or whatever? If so, relax. The local office is useless and also unnecessary.

Hi All,

does anyone has cover letter for correcting errors on EAD?

Thanks.

Elaborate! Do you have an error on the card you received? Or does the pending form I-765 have an error? And is it an error worth worrying about?

You're overreacting - if the mistake is simply checking the wrong box as you mentioned, that's not something USCIS is going to give you trouble about. The officer should easily be able to tell that it's a different category based on the evidence you sent. Did you enter the correct code on the application? (C) (x) (x) or (A) (x) (x) or whatever? If so, relax. The local office is useless and also unnecessary.

Hopefully I am. But when I called the Service Center, they said that my application could be rejected.
The check was finally cashed, 3 weeks after it was received. I managed to read the WAC# on it and logined into USCIS. My case is now pending. We'll see what happen next.

I'm very cautious because the very first time we filed the application the ckeck was not good (account closed in the meantime), we had to wait 6 months before getting the Card... 6 month wihout my wife income was tough, believe me.