Need attorney recommendations

mc asu

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I got laied-off yesterday from my position. It has been 180+ days since I filed for 485 so I\'m hoping that my case will be ok. Anyway, I\'m looking for a immigration attorney to represent me through the rest of the process. Can anyone recommend a good attorney?
I ones that I know off are Rajiv Khanna, Carl Shusterman, and Sheela Murthy. Does anyone have any experience with any of them?

Thanx for your halp.

No Title

JBS

I am one of the non happy customers of BAL. They messed up on 4 out of 10 cases in our company. But others can try their luck.

No Title

BAL corporate only?

Looking at the info on their website, it looks like BAL deals primarily with corporate clients. The goals of the corporation and the individual are opposed at times. I would prefer a firm that is accustomed to dealing with private clients.

However, I do appreciate your input. Thanx

No Title

I did my employment based GC privately through Edward Litwin in the Bay Area and was very happy with the result. Got my GC in a little under 2 years. I believe he has a free initial consultation. He is extremely knowledgeable about all facets of immigration.

No Title

I guess you will such pattern of good and bad with every lawyer. I have had personally very bad experience with Ed Litwin\'s staff, their staff sucks ( makes a lots of mistakes ) and i have seen them screwing up a friends case as well. All you need is luck with any attorney I guess.

No Title

I agree that the staff at Ed Litwins is way too busy and prone to mistakes. I found that later on in the process I had to reread everything to make sure there were no mistakes (and several times forms had to go back and forth between me and the office). But that negative aside Edward Litwin is incredibly knowledgeable about all facets of immigration and understands the many gray areas that come up. He was able to put my mind to rest on a couple of non-trivial issues (and I know from personal experience other less knowledgable lawyers simply did not have the immigration experience to deal with these questions). This to me was well worth the extra effort I needed to take verifying forms etc..

No Title

but guess what buddy, it is his staff which does filing of application and NOT Mr. Litwin himself. I agree on his being \'knowledgeable\' and all but staff.....

And he himself is too busy to deal with all the cases so in case some other attorney (and their staff) handles ones case - one has to be constantly kneel before cross before anything gets approved by INS.

No Title

Why do you need an attorney? Just wait for few weeks, your case will be approved. Now-a-days things are moving fast in INS.

No Title

All i\'m trying to say is that if you have a simple GC with no chance of anything going wrong then you\'ll do fine with a decent lawyer who has a small enough case load to deal with you personally. But if your case has any sort of non-standard things in it then, personally I\'d much rather waste the extra time myself cross-checking everything knowing that if my case has any problems I have a very knowledgeable senior lawyer there in the worst case scenario. Versus letting a lawyer handle everything and finding out 2 years down the line that I\'m screwed because of some idiosyncracy in my case that the lawyer didn\'t have the skills to deal with. I know several people who got screwed because of these sorts of things.

No Title

I know Edward Litwin\'s office.
You know, problem is Mr.Litwin cannnot take care of all cases.
He has more than 4 immigration attoney who are not satisfied for my case. It\'s really difficut to contact to ask something.
Please think carefully.