Need Assistance Completing Affidavit of Support

MoozB

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I have a cousin who is a US Citizen living in the US with her 2 children. She is only sponsoring her husband to come to the US. When filing the Affidavit of Support(I-864), are considering her two children when referring to the sponsor’s household from the Poverty Guidelines(I-864P). If she does not meet the minimum income requirement and needs a joint-sponsor to assist, are we still considering her entire household for the joint-sponsor? What will be the minimum income requirement for the joint-sponsor?

Thanks for your assistance.

For her I-864, she is the sponsor, and her children are her minor dependents, so are counted in her household.

For a joint sponsor's I-864, her children are not part of that sponsor's household. Basically, it would only be the immigrant (1) + the joint sponsor's family.

For her I-864, she is the sponsor, and her children are her minor dependents, so are counted in her household.

For a joint sponsor's I-864, her children are not part of that sponsor's household. Basically, it would only be the immigrant (1) + the joint sponsor's family.

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

Thank you for your response. I just have another question.

Can two joint-sponsors combine their income to meet the required income? The sponsor herself does not meet the requirement. Sponsor's brother also does not meet the requirement, but combining sponsor's brother income with his mother's meet the requirement. What do they need to fill out I-864A?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Each immigrant can only have one joint sponsor. The joint sponsor's household income must be enough to satisfy the requirements. If these other people qualify as household members of the sponsor, then their income can be counted in that sponsor's household income. But you cannot have "another" joint sponsor.

Hello All,

I was completing I-864 form for my cousin. I have question regarding Part 5(Sponsor's Household Size). Item #3 states to enter 1 if you are currently married. I entered 1 as she is married. In Part 3, item #28 states to enter the total number of immigrants you are sponsoring. I entered 1 as she is only sponsoring her husband. However, total household auto-populated as 5. Her total household size should be 4 as she only got two daughters, herself, and her husband. Application is auto-populating and counting her husband twice. Any advise on this?

Thanks,

Hello All,

I was completing I-864 form for my cousin. I have question regarding Part 5(Sponsor's Household Size). Item #3 states to enter 1 if you are currently married. I entered 1 as she is married. In Part 3, item #28 states to enter the total number of immigrants you are sponsoring. I entered 1 as she is only sponsoring her husband. However, total household auto-populated as 5. Her total household size should be 4 as she only got two daughters, herself, and her husband. Application is auto-populating and counting her husband twice. Any advise on this?

Thanks,
She should never count someone twice, so she should put 0 for spouse instead of 1.